Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Carving and Cars

Pumpkin Carving is one of Kevin and my favorite family traditions. Every year my family and the Oliver family get together and eat delicious soup and carve pumpkins. This is one of the first year of many many many years that we have not carved pumpkins with at least one member of the Olive family. We missed them, but it was still fun.

Saturday morning Kevin and I went car shopping in Salt Lake. We saw a car that we liked on KSL and so we went to look at it. We drove it around, took it to a auto parts store to run some tests on it, then we went back to the dealer and bought it. It is an Audi car. I am not sure which model, but it does have a turbo. Kevin loves Audi cars. This one has some nice snow tires on it, which will be so nice once it snows, because Kevin will still be commuting to school. I love it because it has heated seats. I love heated seats. It is a stick shift, black, and has a sun roof. That is about as much as I know about this car, but I think we will have it for a while because Kevin really does love this car.

After we bought the car we drove back to Morgan. By this time Shantel, David, and Lydia were up in Morgan and they had made some delicious food. I love eating good food. There was cheese balls, taco chip dip,and 7 layer bean dip. I ate way too much food on this trip, but I am pregnant, I have an excuse right? No, I don't have an excuse, but I still did it.

In the early afternoon we decided to play some games. It was really fun because we decided to play the older games in the closet. My parents have had some games since before I can remember, and I am surprised we had not lost every piece of the games, but we have never really played them. So we played the game whatzit, and can you beat Jeff (or Matt, or someone...I can't remember the name). Whatzit was so fun! I can't wait to play again. Can you beat Jeff, well that was a different story. We ended up making our own rules which made the game so much more fun! We kicked Jeff off the board, and made some new rules.

After playing some games and eating more food, we made dinner and started carving pumpkins. By this time it was 8 at night. We didn't finish carving pumpkins until about 10. We were all so tired after. It ended up being a lot of fun. This was the finished product of everyone's pumpkins.



Here is Kevin and my carved pumpkins.

I think the baby is on our mind
 P.S. This is me at 27 weeks. The baby bump is here for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Jenna. Your belly is so dang cute!!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you were able to come down for pumpkin carving. I love seeing you. Always.

    ReplyDelete