Friday, October 4, 2013

Spontaneous Fiv- Kevin's Birthday, Internship, Adventure in Rexburg

You might have noticed the change from Friday Five to Spontaneous Five. You might be wondering why I have changed the name. I will let you know. The first reason is because Friday is pretty much the only day that I do anything, so I always forget to post. The second reason is because sometimes I cannot think of five things every week. Most weeks we don't do anything too terribly special, but if I just have a spontaneous five post, then when my list comes to five, I will post. It will be better that way.

1. September 21st is Kevin's Birthday. Kevin doesn't love huge celebrations, and this year I was going to throw him a party. I wanted to do something special, but our apartment is too small to have lots of people over. So we ended up just inviting people to go to dinner with us. When we first moved to Idaho Falls we went to dinner with Kevin's Brother Michael and his family. They went to a restaurant called Smitty's. It was Saturday, and on Saturday they have rib nights. At ribs night, you get like a whole rack of ribs for not very much. They are so delicious and so inexpensive.

Kevin's birthday was on a Saturday so he decided that he wanted to go to Smitty's for his birthday dinner. It was really nice. His sister Shannon, her husband Collen, and his Brother Michael and his wife Charity were able to come. My parents wanted to come but were not able to make it. It was a really enjoyable night. The only bad part was that we got there too late and they were all out of ribs. Kevin didn't even get what he went there for. But it was still a nice night to spend with family.

I am so grateful for Kevin. He is such an amazing man. I am glad we were able to celebrate his birth. I am so glad he was born.

2. This is Kevin's last semester of his Bachelor's program in Financial Economics. He needed an internship to finish his schooling though. He had an internship that he could have done with Doug Andrus (the company he is currently working for), but he really wanted to diversify his resume. He has been working with Doug Andrus in several different positions, but for a long time. He was able to get an internship interview with a financial company in town. After the interview he was offered the internship position. We are really excited that he will be able to graduate in December and not have to do an internship later, but the  internship in not paid. We are a little sad about that because it will be taking up most of his time. At least this will get his foot in the finance world and will give him a good foundation for starting his career.

3. Recently we have been thinking about trying to find a job in the Salt Lake Valley after Kevin graduates this December. The reason for this is because he really wants to go to a great school out east, and then after that, most finance jobs are over on the east coast, so we would end up being away from family for several years. So for the short time that we can, we would love to live a little closer to family. This past weekend Kevin has been applying for several jobs. One e-mailed him back and set up an interview for Tuesday! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I am really hoping that this job works out for our needs and that they will hire Kevin.

4.  I am now 24 weeks. Everything seems to be going pretty well. She is estimated to be the size of a corn cob. She loves to kick and roll over. It is fun to feel her in my belly. I cannot believe we are over halfway done. We are really excited to meet our sweet little girl, but we feel really blessed that she will be here in January. It will be the perfect timing for us.

5. Yesterday was such a fantastic day! I was able to sleep in, and Kevin did some homework. I got ready and then I decided that instead of just sitting around home on my day off that I would go up to Rexburg with Kevin. He was really concerned that I was going to get really bored because I was going to be on campus for 6 hours by myself, but it ended up being such a great day.  We got up to Rexburg at one in the afternoon, and Kevin wanted to eat lunch at the Taco Bus. The Taco Bus is kind of a weird restaurant, but Kevin really likes it. It is very authentic mexican, it is actually really delicious. So we got our HUGE burritos and ate them really fast because Kevin had to get to a meeting.

We got to campus and I dropped Kevin off at his meeting then I started my day. I went over to the library and decided to start reading Harry Potter again. I really want to re-read Harry Potter now. I read for and hour or so (P.S. I now think that Kevin should dress up as Harry Potter for Halloween), then I decided to go over to the Book Store and just see what was new there. It just so happened to be Student Appreciation day. Everything was 25% off in the store, so I bought myself a handy dandy planner that I was really needing. They were giving out free popcorn and soda. I love popcorn! They were also doing free little makeovers. Since I had some time to spare, I ate my popcorn and soda and then I got a free makeover. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have gotten the makeover because I had purposely not put make up on that day, but I couldn't resist.

After all of my fun in the book store, I went up to the Health Center. When I was in school I used to work at the Health Center on campus. I did my internship in the x-ray department. I loved it so much. The lady who works in there is so kind and funny. But the reason that I decided to go there was because I have been so disappointed in my 20 week ultrasound. When I went to my doctor's for the 20 week ultrasound it lasted less than 5 minutes and we hardly saw anything. I felt like he had no idea what he was doing and I was so frustrated that I had to pay for this crappy ultrasound. I wanted to make sure that my baby was okay, so I went to the health center and Lisa was kind enough to do a very detailed, very free, ultra sound for me. It was so great to see her and all of the people that I used to work with, but it was especially nice to see my sweet little baby. We double checked, she is still a she. Her hands were opening and closing, and her toes and feet looked straight and normal. She yawned while we were watching her and she has such a cute, mouth. Her heart is beating at a strong 140 bpm. She doesn't have anything wrong with her spine, and she doesn't have a cleft palate. She was measuring perfectly and was just perfect in every way. It was so relieving to have a good ultrasound done.

After the ultrasound, I went to the swimming pool and did water aerobics.This is why i mentioned earlier that I didn't wear makeup on purpose. But since I got the makeover, I ended up having raccoon eyes, but oh well.  It was such an intense work out, especially since I have not been really exercising as much as I should be currently, so I am very sore today as I write this. It was so much fun though. I really enjoy water aerobics. I just love swimming and water.

After water aerobics I went and read a little more Harry Potter then went and found Kevin. It was around 8, he was just finishing part of his homework with some friends. We headed home and went almost straight to bed- I was so tired.

It was such a fantastic day hanging out and doing such fun things. I don't miss being a student, but I miss all of the free things that come with being a student.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so many things to comment about.

    1-I love the name "Spontaneous Five." I totally agree with your reasoning.

    2- I hope that Kevin's job interview goes well!

    3- What a fun day on campus. I'm so glad that you went and did everything and got free popcorn and a planner and a makeover. I'm especially glad that you got to see your sweet little girl.

    4-I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so funny that you said you purposefully didn't wear make up but you couldn't resist because it was free! Raccoon eyes are the all time worst!

    ReplyDelete