Tuesday, October 8, 2013

General Conference

*I realize that none of my posts have pictures, I am still working on that part of the blogging thing, but at least I am starting to write and record what is happening in our lives. That is my justification just so everyone knows!*

General Conference is always so wonderful. I love hearing from the Prophets and learning and gaining deeper meaning into the gospel and my life and what I need to be doing. This General Conference was no different. Saturday I had to work for the morning session, which I haven't read, but I heard they did not announce any new temples. That is really surprising. I don't think that has happened in YEARS!! But the missionary work is expanding so quickly. I was able to listen to the last half of the afternoon session. It was wonderful.

Sunday morning I wanted to make something great. So I started on cinnamon rolls. I have been wanting to bake cinnamon rolls for a while now, but I haven't had time. They take a long time to make. I found a delicious recipe and started making them. When I started the dough I turned on conference, and there was a count down for 1 hour and 9 minutes. I was surprised that the timer was off because Conference was supposed to be starting in just 9 minutes. After the nine minutes were gone and conference still had not started I was really concerned something was wrong. I soon came to find out that I was mentally an hour ahead, even though I had looked at the clock a million times. It is good to know that you can always count on the Church to be right, even if it is just concerning the time.

I made the dough and started to let it rise. In the middle of the morning conference I punched down the dough and made the rolls, then let me rise again. I baked them shortly thereafter and they turned out delicious! I am so glad that I love to bake.

It was so nice to spend Sunday with Kevin and to be able to listen to conference. We are so blessed to be members of the True Church of Jesus Christ where we can receive revelation from God. I love this Gospel and I love Kevin.

2 comments:

  1. Cinnamon Rolls sound so delicious right now! I am glad you had a good general conference weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for conference! I'm glad that you made cinnamon rolls. That is so fun. Maybe it will turn into a tradition that your kids will look forward to every year.

    ReplyDelete