Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Spontaneous Five- Interview, Icy Hot, and Yoga Mat

1. Kevin is so awesome. He is super trying to get a job that is something other than driving a semi truck. That will be so nice once we have a family. He can come home every night and have dinner with me and see our sweet little baby. I am really hoping he gets a financial job so that he can do that. He found a company that he would like to work for, unfortunately they are located in Portland, but at least we can have a good family life. He found out that they were going to a career fair in Montana to do interviews. So last Thursday Kevin woke up really early in the morning, drove to Montana, met the recruiters at the career fair, drove back to Rexburg and went to class. He was so nervous because he had to go on a different campus and find a random building. Everything ended up going fine for Kevin, he found everything smoothly. Once he found the company he was looking for, he talked to them for close to a half hour. They loved talking to him. Kevin said that as they were talking, several students from the Montana school dropped their resumes off with this company, and the recruiters were acknowledging them and thanking them, but didn't really talk to them. They just kept talking to Kevin the whole time. Kevin is so awesome. They couldn't do the interview that day, and they said after they were done with their University recruiting tours, they would give Kevin a call and set up an interview. It turned out really great for Kevin. Kevin is just so amazing. This company would be so lucky to have Kevin as an employee.

2. Following up on the story below, they called Kevin and set up an interview! We are really excited! The interview is today at 2:00. (as I am writing this, that is 45 minutes away). I know that Kevin will do so great! I will update on what happened later.

3. I am now 27 weeks pregnant. I know that I can't really complain, but already my back hurts fairly often. It makes it so I do not sleep very well. One night I put some Icy Hot (it is actually the Melaleuca brand, which I think they are more of a natural company),  on my back and it was the best nights sleep that I have had in such a long time. My back didn't even hurt very bad. The next morning I woke up so happy. I then thought that I should Google if it is okay to use Icy Hot. All of the comments said not to use it. I was so sad. This week at my Doctors appointment, I asked my Doctor. He agreed with the comments I read and said I probably shouldn't use it. I am really sad about this, but oh well. I thought I would just let the world know of the best/sad discovery that I have made.

4. Yesterday morning I was taking to Kevin and I told him how I wanted to go to the prenatal yoga class that is free at the hospital. It is offered on Thursdays, but I haven't gone yet because I am concerned that everyone will come with a yoga mat and I will not have one and will look silly. Kevin was so thoughtful that later that day, Kevin went and bought me my first yoga mat. He is always so thoughtful. I was SO excited. I pulled it out and did yoga at home last night. I really like it, even if I am just doing it in our home. It helps my feet and hands not slip as much. I am so grateful for this yoga mat and for Kevin. Yay! I am planning on going to prenatal yoga this Thursday now!

5. Candy Crush Saga. I think that is all I have to say. I am pretty much addicted. I am so glad that you only get 5 lives before you have to wait like 3 hours to get more lives (or you can post things about it on facebook). Since I will never post any game I am playing on facebook, I just wait. It helps me space out my game playing time. I love finding a fun new game. Although I sometimes have dreams about this game, it is still great!

4 comments:

  1. Why did your doctor say you couldn't use it?? That is terribly sad... Hopefully he gets a job though, that would be so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has aspirin in it, which the skin absorbs, which I guess is not great for the baby. I was very sad about this news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna. I'm so sorry about the Icy Hot thing! Did your doctor recommend anything else to replace that? I'm so sorry that your back is hurting. I can't wait to hear about Kevin's job interview. Of course, I'm hoping that you will end up in Utah - but most of all I hope that Kevin gets a good job where you will all be very happy. Kevin is so good. I'm so glad that he got you a yoga mat. You deserve it. Let me know how yoga goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I secretly, (okay, its not really a secret now) hope you move to Portland because then you would only be 2 hours away from me and we could get together sometimes! How great would that be!?

    ReplyDelete