Thursday, January 31, 2019

Clark Planatarium

For Camille's birthday she was given a book about space, and wall stickers of the planets. She has recently been talking about being an astronaut (although it is like a ballerina astronaut that dances in space). Anyway, we decided to make a trip with Shantel and the cousins to go to the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake. It is an awesome place to go, and even better it is free!

The kids loved it. And so did I. On the bottom floor there was a machine that indicates if there is an earthquake, and if you jumped hard enough it would "feel" the movement in the floor and make a record like there was an earthquake. It was pretty cool. And there was the big pendulum. I always think this is so cool. We can't feel the world spinning, but it shows that it does. The kids loved the little fog tornado that they could stand in.

My favorite part was on the second level when we got to go "on IO" Jupiter's moon. The kids could walk around on the rocks, and they had put in several moon rovers.You got to code where they went and tried to have them collect balls to put in a lighted circle. It was actually very difficult, but extremely fun. The kids also liked playing with the infrared body heat sensors. You could put your hand on the cold star, then when you showed the camera, there would be a blue star on your hand. Of course they enjoyed the ball run that goes all around, and there was a spaceship play place that has been added since I was last there. It was all so fun. I am hoping to go there just with Kevin and I someday soon so that I can actually learn more about space. More than just trying to not lose any of the kids.

After the planetarium, Shantel bought some popcorn and we went and walked around the gateway mall (which is just connected to the planetarium). It is an outside mall, and it was so fun. They had a big fire going that we went and sat by, and they had cool chairs and even a splash pad. Which is not great in the winter, but was cool to watch. We just chatted and let the kids run around and eat popcorn. It is days like this that I LOVE living close enough to family to do these types of things. I feel so grateful that I am able to be a stay at home mom and do these types of things with my children. I get to teach them, and love them, and be with them through the day. What a blessing that has been in my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment