Saturday, January 5, 2019

Potty Training Jason

We finally did it! Jason is now potty trained! I think that he has been ready for a couple of months now, but with all of the holidays and the travel the last couple of months, I thought that it would be best to wait until that was over and could just really focus on potty training.

We started on Wednesday January 2rd. Just a couple days after Kevin's surgery. I am pretty sure I am nuts, but it was just time to do it. The first day and second day, and half of the third day was terrible. I was just cleaning up accidents all the time. I almost just put Jason back in diapers and figured I would potty train him when he was 5. But on the third day Jason came up to me and told me he had to go potty. Success!! We ran to the potty and sat on it and he went potty. Unfortunately he peed right through the crack between the seat and the toilet and I still had to clean it up. But he told me he had to go on the potty so it was a win for me. I called Shantel and asked her if she had any tips. She said that she has heard that if you put little boys backwards on the seat it is easier for them to make it in. And she was right. The angle is just better. It worked like a charm.

The next day and since then we have not had one accident. It was just like a miracle. He just knew what to do. I am so proud of him. He even has had dry diapers at night. He is awesome.

For Jason's reward we took him to Walmart and he chose a Rubble Ultimate Rescue Paw Patrol Vehicle. He thinks it is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

I am glad that he is potty trained, and I am so proud of him. Love you Jason boy!

Apparently life was too crazy for me with a 6 month old and taking care of Kevin and potty training Jason to get any pictures but for kicks and giggles look how cute this little boy is.


No comments:

Post a Comment