Friday, January 25, 2019

Water Colors, Harmon's Cooking Class, The Temple, and Burger Stop

This weekend I went down to Shantel's house and we had a busy week. To start, Melissa came over and we hung out and did an Art Night. I was skeptical, because I am not very good at arty things. I don't have a photographers eye (as you probably can tell from all my photos). I can't really draw, and I don't even have beautiful hand writing. But with Melissa help I feel like I did a pretty good job. It made me want to go get a water color set and do it all the time (although I know I know I won't because I don't have anyone to do it with). It was wonderful to spend time with my sisters. I love them so much!


Kevin came down the next night because for Christmas Kevin gifted me a cooking class at Harmons. It was called Tuscany Tenderloin. I was so excited. We finally were able to go participate in the class and it was just as much fun as I thought it would be.

Shantel was kind enough to watch our kids for us while we went to the class because the class was in Draper. I love living close to Shantel so that we can trade watching kids. There are few people I trust my kids with, but she is one of them. Okay, she is like the only one.

We showed up to Harmons and Kevin hadn't eaten pretty much all day, so we grabbed him a couple doughnuts before starting. That made Kevin happy. Then we went to the classroom. Every Harmons I have ever been to has been very little. But this one was huge and had a second floor where the classroom was. When we went in we found some seats and the instructor had made some salad for us to snack on. While we were eating the salad she demonstrated all of the steps to make our food. We made a Tenderloin wrapped in baguette, Parmesan risotto, and steamed green beans with bacon, craisins, and feta. All of it was delicious.

After watching her we went to our station, and we partnered up with another person. There were supposed to be four people to a group, but our class was not as full so we only had three in our group. He was a quirky fellow, but very kind. In the end he let us take all of the leftovers, and that was very kind of him.

We ate the food we prepared, which turned out surprisingly good, and watched as she showed us how to make dessert. This dessert had to be prepared ahead of time, so she just showed us and then we ate the ones she had already made.

It was really fun. I think I might ask for the same thing next year. A great date with Kevin doing something I enjoy and learning new things at the same time.

We went back to Shantel's house and spent the night there. The next day Shantel watched our kids again so we could go to the temple. It was such a blessing to be able to go. It has been a really long times since I have gone because Sadie is nursing and she is just getting old enough that I can leave for a couple of hours and she can eat some real food if she needs to.

We drove over to the Draper Temple, but it was so busy. To get into a session it was going to take another hour. So we drove over to the Jordan River Temple. We got in and the session was packed, but we made it. It was beautiful and I felt the spirit confirm to me that we are about to do something hard, but it will be for our good.

I am grateful for the temple and all that I learn inside of it. It is a blessing to me. And I am most grateful to be sealed to my family in the temple. What a peace that brings to my soul.

After the temple Kevin had to go home to get some work done. The kids and I stayed at Shantel's house for a while and played a little longer.

When we got home Kevin took us out to dinner at the local Burger Stop. It was just alright, but the kids thought it was the bomb. I love looking at life through the eyes of my children. Life is so wonderful and there are so many things to find wonder and amazement with.









































Overall it was just a wonderful weekend spent with family. Hopefully we can do something like this next year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment