Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019

Camille- Camille as you already know turned 5 this month. That is probably the biggest thing that happened to her. We have started reading some short chapter books during the day and Camille is really loving that. It is fun to see her mind flourish. Camille is really taking off in her Preschool and is learning lots. I think pretty soon she will be reading short readers. She also has started wanting to make her own food. I am letting her start with toast. But I think shortly she will be wanting to yield the knife and do a lot of work in the kitchen. I think Camille just really likes to create, no matter the medium.

Jason- This month Jason went to Primary for the first time. He just turned three so he is pretty young for being a sunbeam. He was not impressed with Primary. We never had a problem with nursery, or anywhere else. But he has started crying before we even get to church because he doesn't want to go to primary. That lasted for about three weeks, and now he will go with Camille and is happier to go. It was just a hard change for him.

Here is one cute things Jason would say while I was potty training him: I would say, "Jason I am so proud of you for going on the potty!!" Then he would say, "Mom, I am proud of YOU!"
It was so funny to me. He is the sweetest little boy.

Sadie- I have been trying to sleep train Sadie this month. She turned 7 months old and I have not had a whole night sleep for 7 months. I am starting to get tired. She pretty much only wakes up once during the night now, and once at like 5 AM. It isn't too bad, but I am hoping soon that she starts sleeping through the night a little better. Sadie is also army crawling all over the place. I thought by now she would be fully crawling because of how early she was rocking on her hands and knees, but she just doesn't want to. She feels content in just army crawling all over the place. It has been fun to see her wiggle and move and grow. She still doesn't say anything, but she really like to babble. And Shake her head no. She loves bath time and pulling peoples hair. She also likes biting people. The last two things are not as fun.

Kevin- This month Kevin was just recovering from his Surgery for the first week. It was way hard on him. I am still not sure if it was worth it yet, but I hope it was, because he did not have a good first couple weeks of this year. He also hired his cousin Jordon to come work for us. I am hoping it will be a good thing for them to work together. Currently they spend a lot of time talking about tractors.


Jenna- This month is one that will go down in history for me! I won the game HQ on my phone!! It was amazing! I never ever thought I would win, but I did. I won a whole $0.45  So that was really exciting!

Halfway through January Kevin and I were talking about how we spend too much time watching TV. So our solution was to just put the TV away. We often talk about a lot of things, but don't often follow through, but the next day Kevin said, "are you ready to put the TV away?" and so we did. It has been a couple of weeks since we did that and it has been great. Our house has been filled with more reading and playing. I don't think we will keep it away forever, but it has been nice to do it for a little while anyway.

The kids have loved playing in the snow this winter. The first big snow in January they went out to play while I stayed inside. I looked out a little later and they had rolled three huge balls of snow. I don't even know how they got them so big. I bet they were way heavy. But they worked hard and did it. They have had lots of fun in the snow. I am glad we got them some snow gear for this year.






This is their three snowballs that had melted a bunch
This was their first snowman, then they went and rolled
3 more snowballs as big as their bottom one. 













No comments:

Post a Comment