Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Camille's Birthday

How do I have a 5 year old? I just don't know. I can maybe see having a 3 year old, but I don't know where the other two years went. But if I have to have a 5 year old, I am glad it is this one. She is seriously the best. I often joke that I have no idea how to parent Jason, because Camille has just pretty much parented herself. She is so well behaved and loves to choose good choices. She is kind and thoughtful and wonderful.

To celebrate her birthday we decorated the house with pink streamers and pink balloons (she loves the color pink). We threw in a couple other colors as well because she loves the rainbow and kind of wanted a pink/rainbow themed party. In the morning we hung out in the morning and made slime. She has been wanting to make slime for months now, so I finally got enough courage to let them make and play with slime. They loved it! I made them stay in the kitchen area because our dining room has carpet. Whomever might be reading this, here is a little tidbit of good advice: Never put carpet in your dining room. Anyway, the kids were good and kept it in the kitchen, even if a little bit got in their hair.

As Camille was doing her preschool, I got out some big butcher paper and made a big "coloring page" with rainbows and Happy 5th Birthday on it. She and Jason colored some and waited to color more when cousins came up to play.

That night Shantel, Lydia, Austin, and Caleb came up from Lehi and Grandma and Grandpa Walker came down from Morgan to go swimming with us. It was so fun! We found a fun pool not too far from our house that had a little play area for the kids and a slide and a lazy river. Jason wasn't super excited about all of the water, but Camille loved it. She went down the big slide several times, and loved hanging out in the lazy river with her dad. Jason mostly loved the life jacket he was wearing because it looked like Ryder's on Paw Patrol. Jason kept saying, "life vest, deploy!" It was pretty sweet.









After swimming we came home and had pizza and cake. The cake Camille wanted was a rainbow cake. So I made six layers: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. It was a pretty tall cake, but actually turned out pretty cool.

After dinner and cake Camille opened her presents. She got puzzles, glitter clips, glow in the dark stars and planets, and roller skates. She LOVES the roller skates. It was so fun to watch her open everything up.
I don't know how I don't have a picture of Camille in her roller skates, but Jason likes them as well. 

I seriously love this girl so much. I hope she feels the love I have for her. She is just wonderful. Camille, I hope you had a good 5th birthday and I can't wait to see what is in store for this next year! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment