Saturday, September 8, 2018

Ward Party

Our ward had a party and it was actually really fun. Sometimes getting Kevin out to events is hard because he is more of an introvert, even though he can keep conversation really well and is still a people person. I feel like that was more information than maybe anyone needed or wanted to know, but I felt like it was important to know because even he had so much fun!

They had the biggest grill, like at least 5 feet long. Kevin was jealous. It was pretty awesome. They had hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone brought a side. We ate and then the kids went and played at the park. They had some people doing face painting. Camille got a rainbow on her face which was perfect for her. She loves rainbows. And Jason got a super hero mask. He was super Jason for the rest of the day.

They also had loads of water balloons. They had bow and arrow type bows that shoot the water balloons. So the kids could go shoot the water balloons and if you were out on the field and caught the balloons then you got a medal. Camille wanted to get a medal, so Kevin being the awesome dad that he is, took Camille out and they caught a water balloon. It made Camille feel so happy.

They also did a pinata. They actually had two pinatas and I was so happy they did. They did one for kids 5 and younger so I didn't have to worry about Camille and Jason being trampled by all of the older kids. There were only a handful of kids though so Jason and Camille got SO MUCH candy. They thought it was pretty awesome.

I love when I get to spend time with the family. I just noticed I didn't write anything about Sadie. That is because she is the perfect little baby and just sat in her car seat in the stroller and just slept and then watched everyone around her when she woke up.

It was such a lovely afternoon. I feel grateful to be a part of my ward family, and even though we are still meeting people, it is wonderful to start to feel like I am a part of this ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment