Friday, September 21, 2018

Kevin Mark Haderlie 30th Birthday


To start here is a little bit about Kevin that you might not know:

Kevin was born on September 21, 1988. He is the 2nd youngest of 7 children. He grew up on a dairy farm that started in Star Valley, Wyoming; then when he was about 14 years old the farm moved to Paul, Idaho. I think this might be where Kevin learned how to work so hard. I hear so many stories about how when Kevin was 5 he was driving the tractors and would have to jump down off the seat to push in the clutch, then jump back on to keep steering.

Not only does he know how to work hard, but he knows how to play hard as well. One of my favorite stories that Grandma Haderlie has told me was when Kevin was a kid one day she went outside and Kevin and his friends had built a bike jump. Not only had they built a bike jump, but they built a fire in the middle of the jump so that they could jump over it. Pat put an end to that quickly, but Kevin sure knows how to make a good time.

Another thing about Kevin is he is a pretty clean person. I feel grateful for that. You hear all the cliche stories about the husbands who don't put their dirty clothes in the hamper, but that is not my husband. Clothes are always in the hamper, shoes in the shoe basket, and dishes in the sink.

Kevin is always up for an adventure and can laugh through all the funny parts. Mostly, I love my husband and he is wonderful in so many ways. Too many that I could list.

This year Kevin turned 30 years old! I asked him how he felt about turning 30 and he said that he thinks it is going to be great! Especially in a work. When people see him and ask how old he is, 29 sounds young, but 30 sounds like a real adult that knows what they are doing. At least more than someone in their 20's. So at least he wasn't dreading it.

Kevin had to go to Iowa on Saturday, (Friday was his birthday) so we were not able to do anything big. I wanted to celebrate Kevin on his 30th birthday and mark it with a special event, but with him having to go to Iowa and having Sadie be so little and I am still nursing her, we were not able to celebrate as big as Kevin deserves, but we still had fun.

Kevin had to do some work this morning, then we headed off to Ruth's Diner for lunch. Kevin wanted to go to a Diner, Drive Ins and Dives (triple D joint). Ruth's Diner did not disappoint. It is located up emigration canyon, which was just a couple miles above where we use to live when we lived in Salt Lake City. I wish we would have gone up to Ruth's while we lived there. We could have been enjoying their delicious food years ago. These are some of the things that I loved about Ruth's Diner: We were able to eat outside, and it was perfect. The decorations and atmosphere made me feel like I was eating in a nice restaurant, but I didn't feel out of place in my causal wear. In fact everyone was in causal wear for lunch, but I could have been wearing nicer date clothes and not felt out of place either. Another thing I loved was the food was delicious. Both Kevin and I loved the food. And it was down home cooking made from scratch with love type of cooking. You can't get that at Apple bees. It was just such a pleasant lunch. There was a building right next to Ruth's Diner that used to be a liquor store that Ruth owned, but it was closed. I want to buy it and make a little hotel with just a couple rooms, but then they can order food from Ruth's Diner and have it brought to their room. I think it would be perfect.
This picture makes me laugh because Kevin is thinking "what the heck, why are you taking a picture of me chewing my food" ha ha. But at least I got a picture of us at Ruth's Diner!



After lunch we went to a trampoline park. It was a rocky start. Jason missed his nap so he was a little more emotional, and Camille wanted to do an obstacle course but we were not sure if she would be able to. Once we got over the emotions we had a lot of fun. The foam pit was so fun, and it was almost impossible to get out of. I would just get sucked into the foam squares and have to crawl out on my hands and knees to get out. We dunked some basketballs, and when I say we I mean Kevin dunked some basketballs and I tried to touch the rim. It was way hard. Apparently I am just as white on a trampoline and I am on the basketball court. I have no hops. We found a little kids area and the kids had fun there. We did end up taking Camille up on the hanging obstacle course and she had so much fun. She just loved it, I am glad we ended up taking her up there. All in all we had a lot of fun, and enjoyed celebrating Kevin's birthday.

We got home and we were still stuffed from Ruth's, so the roast I had cooking in the oven we didn't need. We had cake and Kevin opened his presents. I gave him a holster for his pistol, and some targets. He has really been enjoying shooting recently. He also got socks from my parents and I think that was his favorite gift. All of his socks have holes in them. So many holes!!! So socks were much needed. He is so excited to have new socks. He got lots of treats and a gun cleaning kit.
We put relighting candles on Kevin's cake and the kids thought it was SO funny. I also put 30 candles on and there was some heat coming off of that cake as I brought it to the table. 

Kevin, I love you and I am so grateful you were born. I hope you know that you are loved and it was so fun to celebrate with you. You are wonderful and I can't wait to celebrate you again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment