Saturday, September 29, 2018

Newest Truck

This past week Kevin went out to Iowa, I say Iowa because that is where he wants to move and so if he heads out to the mid west anywhere, I just say Iowa. I guess I should say he went to Nebraska to pick up our new semi truck and Illinois to pick up our new trailer. This makes it so we have two trucks and two trailers again. Sometimes I get nervous about trucking, but it seems to make Kevin happy, so I think this is a good thing.

Kevin went to go pick up the truck the day after his birthday. He had to drive a rental car out there since he had to bring chains and other things to put in the truck, and so that he could drive the Semi truck back. He got there and waited all day for them to put a light bar on the truck, and then when he came to pay for the light bar he found out that they had put way too short hoses (to hook up to the trailer) so he had to have them put on some new ones. What a pain. He finally got the truck and headed to pick up the trailer. He go the trailer and it took him a while to figure it out and to get it loaded with a load to California. The trailer he bought is about 5,000 pounds less than similar trailers on the market, which is an advantage so that you can carry more weight. But to lose those 5,000 pounds they had to do some funny things (at least this is what Kevin told me, I know nothing real about trucking).

Once Kevin figured everything out he headed out on the road to California. He was making pretty good time, but California was being difficult. Kevin submitted a permit for being over weight, but they never got it back. Kevin ended up driving in illegal so he could get the load delivered and get back before work the next week.

While Kevin was gone on his trip the kids and I went up to my parents house for most of the week. We went up Saturday at the same time that Kevin left. It was so nice to be up at my parents house. Sunday was Austin Peaden's birthday along with their Primary Program. So we went down with my parents and watched Lydia and Austin be in the Primary Program and we celebrated Austins birthday. It was just a really nice day. While we were there I had put Sadie on the floor while I was talking for just a minute and the next time I looked down at her she had rolled over! She had been getting closer, but she finally rolled over all the way! She wasn't even too surprised by it. She just laid there on her tummy. She couldn't get one of her hand out from under her, but she still was amazing!

We went back to my parents house and had a wonderful time there. Camille tried to convince my dad to build a tree house in their small little tree the whole time we were there. I watched Korean Dramas with my mom and let the kids watch their shows and play and relax. My dad built an airplane out of wood for Camille and Jason. We put the rest of the trim on the kitchen floor (that we put in 12 years ago, but at least it is finally finished!). We cleaned off the plants and kitchen blinds for my mom, and cleaned off some shelf space in the storage room. My dad made pancakes that looked like the kids, and my kiddos loved them. They thought they were just the coolest most fun thing ever. I am so lucky to have such a fun dad, and that my kids have the best grandpa.

I

















It really was just a wonderful time with my family. My friend Jena Olsen just had a baby, so I ended up leaving so that I could bring dinner down to her. And we got ready for Kevin to get home. I always miss Kevin so much when he is gone, and this was no exception, but I am glad that when he is gone, that I have family close by and can go spend time with them.

When Kevin did get home it was at 2 in the morning. So he just dropped the trailer and drove the semi home and parked it in the street. The next day I was walking past the window and saw a police man outside looking at the truck apparently it didn't have any plates or registration. I went out and talked to the police officer and he ended up only giving Kevin a warning for parking in a residential area and not having plates or tags. I like to think he only got a ticket because I was there to talk to the police officer. It was an exciting part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment