Saturday, September 1, 2018

Haderlie Labor Day Campout

Last year we went on a camp out over Labor day with Diane and Shannon and their families. It was so fun we did it again this year. This year Mom and Dad, Michael and Charity and family, Diane and Hannah and McKyla, Shannon and Collen and family, and us were all able to come. About 20 people were there. It was so fun.

We were slow to reserve a camp site so we ended up just going wherever there was an opening. There happened to be an opening at the Summit View Campground #15. It turned out to be perfect. There was a lot of room for the kids to roam around and pick up things and play. If you go there at the end of July there would be a lot of huckleberries because we saw a lot of huckleberry bushes. 


I was hoping to wake up and just get up there so that we could spend as much time as possible camping, but it was not to be. Kevin had a little work to do and then our truck ended up dying. Luckily we were able to borrow a friends truck, but it did set us back so we didn't get to the camp site until 5:30 ish. We were in charge of dinner so we were trying to set up a tent and get dinner ready for when everyone else came. We made dutch oven potatoes and BBQ chicken. Kevin loves dutch oven potatoes, and he is getting really good at cooking them. We got camp set up and dinner eaten and a fire started (when I say we I really mean Kevin. He is such an amazing guy. I feel so grateful to be his wife). Sadie started crying and so I was trying to feed her and Kevin came over and fed me before my dinner got too cold. It was thoughtful and kind, just like he is. 

That night was snuggled around the fire because it was getting cold. We made a couple woofums. Those are one of Kevin's favorite treats. Then we went to bed. Oh my goodness it was so cold last night. Kevin and I have a pretty good sleeping bag, but I was worried about the kids all night. Jason ended up in our bed, but Camille and Sadie actually did pretty good. When we woke up it was still freezing cold. Grandpa Max had started a fire and I felt so grateful!! We went and sat by the fire and tried to get warm. We had hot chocolate and Mike and Kevin made breakfast. Kevin really did so much for everyone during this trip. He is the best. Anyway, the kids played all morning and before we had to go. Camping is a lot of work for the adults, but it is just the best thing for kids. Camille and Jason just love camping. I asked them their favorite part and they said roasting marshmallows. 

We had to be out of camp at noon so we set off and headed home. We were just planning on picking up lunch on our way home but Sadie and Jason were both sleeping when we were at McCammon, so we kept on going until we made it to Malad. Malad is where Kevin and I would meet and play cards and go on dates when we were long distance dating. It is also where Kevin proposed to me. Malad holds a special place in my heart. We ended up stopping at Malad and the kids got Burger King and Kevin and I tried the BBQ place in town (it wasn't very good if you were wondering). We went to the park in town because we smelled of campfire smoke and it was perfect. It seriously was the perfect ending to such a great week. The kids played nicely and the park was the perfect size for them. We had it all to ourselves for most of the time. It just made me love my family so much. Kevin spun the kids on the merry go round and I wish I had taken a video of it. It was so so so funny. Kevin was spinning the kids and then he stopped the merry go round and Jason got so scared and started screaming from being dizzy. It sounds bad when I write it, but it was just so innocent and cute. Then he got off  and said, "I am pretty dizzy!!!" He is just the sweetest. I love my family. 


This was such a wonderful weekend with my family and I can't wait to do it again next year with the Haderlie Family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment