Saturday, September 8, 2018

Family Pictures

I was adamant that  we were going to get family pictures done this year. Last year we wanted to get family pictures done and Shannon was going to take them for us, but the day we went up to Idaho it was so cold and windy and everyone was going to cry. And to add to the disaster I had gone to get my bangs trimmed up, and the person who cut them did a terrible job. I am still crying from it. So lets not get too far into that story, all you need to know is we didn't get family pictures done last year. So this year, I wanted to get family pictures done before it got too cold.

My friend in our ward does photography, so I called her and asked her to do our pictures. She said yes so I hurried and got our outfits together and we got pictures.

The day we got pictures done, she wanted us there at 7:30. So I woke up early and got myself ready, then woke up the kids and got them ready and got a little breakfast. We drove over to this nice area with trees and a walking path.  Unfortunately it was a little cold that week and partly cloudy so it didn't warm up too quickly. So the kids were a little grumpy, and Jason has been unusually clingy so he was a little grumpy too. Sadie ended up getting tired half way through and fell asleep. All in all I think we got some good pictures, but it took bribery and threats. I love all our kids and I am glad we were able to get some good pictures of these cute kids. They are just growing up too fast, I want to document as much as I can.




This picture of Camille and Jason is one of my favorite. They were so cold so we wrapped them up in the blanket while we were trying to decide what picture we were going to do next, and while we were doing that they fell down. It is just a real life picture of how much Jason loves Camille.




 And again with how much Jason loves Sadie. Jason is just full of love for his sisters, and they love him. Especially Sadie right now. She hasn't given uncontrollable giggles yet, but I am almost sure that Jason will be the one to get her laughing really hard.



















Sadie was awake for about 15 minutes, and then got fussy and then fell asleep. In that 15 minutes we got a couple good family pictures and this perfect picture of our sweet Sadie.





Kevin is my very favorite guy, like in the whole world. Followed closely by Jason. My guys are the best.






Jason was having a hard time while taking pictures, and Ben (Michelle's husband/helper) had Jason go around collecting sticks. He thought it was so great. He is such a cute little boy.






















This girl is the sweetest thing, as you can see in these pictures. She has the largest imagination, and finds the joy and magic in everything. She helps me to slow down and smell the roses.


























Right after these pictures were taken Sadie rolled off of Camille's lap. But we got some pictures of all the kids so that is a success. Next time maybe we won't have our 4 year old hold our 3 month old.

I am so glad we have these pictures, and I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment