Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Iowa and Grandma and Grandpa Walker's House

Kevin went to Iowa this week for a work trip. He is pretty awesome and it sounded like at least half of this trip ended good. He made some good contact and is figuring things out with the bank and trucking. While he was away we went to my parents house for a couple of days. We had such a wonderful time.

We got there and went to the backyard and picked so many things out of the garden. I love that my dad has a garden, and I hope to have one someday too. The kids picked a bunch of tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, zucchini, and yellow squash. We enjoyed eating the things that we picked and just played in the back yard. It was wonderful.

While we were there we went to the splash pad over at the park. I have been wanting to go to the splash pad this year, but have been nervous to go to one here in Layton. There are just so many more people here than in Morgan and I just have a fear of losing my kids in the crowds of people. My mom watched Sadie and Camille, Jason, and I went over to the park and played at the splash pad. The kids loved it and had so much fun, even though it was a little cold and windy.

We ended up staying an extra night than originally planned because 1) I love being home at my parents house. It is just peaceful and I just love my parents. 2) The jalapenos were ready to be bottled! Kevin and I have been really enjoying the jalapenos that I bottled last year and we are so excited to start eating these ones.

The next morning Kevin was coming home, but he had to catch up on a couple of things so we stayed and my dad took us fishing! Oh it was so fun. Do you know why they call it fishing and not catching? Because you often don't catch anything when you go fishing. Ha ha, did we catch anything...no of course we didn't, but we had so much fun. We drove up to East Canyon and we hiked down a pretty steep beach where the water had gone down and my dad got the fishing poles ready. I technically couldn't touch the poles because I didn't have a fishing license, and it worked out okay because Sadie needed to be held, but Camille and Jason had so much fun. My dad would cast it out and tell them to let it just sit there, but low and behold they both would reel it in fairly quickly after he would tell them not to. I think that was their favorite part. Then the kids started getting bored, and started throwing rocks into the lake (we definitely were not going to be catching anything now). The kids had so much fun. They collected some shells and made some good memories.








These kids are so cute! 













We came home after fishing and Kevin was here. That night the kids pediatric dentist had rented out the Surf n' Swim for a thank you party for his patients. It started at 7! That was crazy to us because we usually put our kids to bed at 7, but we thought we would try to venture out and make some fun memories with the kids. We got there a little early and there was a little line because if you were one of the first 300 people then you got a free towel. I am all about free things! When we got in they were giving out pizza and bread sticks. The kids had some pizza then Camille and I headed into the water. It was SO FUN! Camille is just the sweetest little girl. She was just laughing and playing. Then Kevin took Camille and Jason in while I sat with Sadie since she was already asleep. Jason was tired and not happy to be in the water, so he got out and snuggled with me while Kevin and Camille played in the water for a little longer. We didn't stay too long, but it was so fun. We really are trying to give our kids some good fun memories. We love our children and feel so grateful to be able to be their parents.



Overall we missed Kevin while he was gone. I miss Kevin pretty much always, like the second he leaves the house to work I start missing him until he gets back, so when he is gone for days I really miss him. But it was nice to be able to spend some time with my parents. It ended up being a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment