Sunday, August 12, 2018

7 Year Anniversary

Kevin and I have been married for 7 years! I can hardly believe it. Our anniversary fell on a Sunday this year, so we celebrated on Saturday. Seeing how we have a 2 month old, it was kind of an uneventful anniversary. We ordered in Texas Roadhouse, which is one of Kevin's favorite places. We watched Batman vs. Superman. We were less than impressed. It was so confusing and we couldn't recommend it to anyone. Then we went to bed early because the night before (Friday to Saturday night) Kevin had driven a load to Wyoming but he drove from 7 PM to 4-5 AM. So long! He was exhausted. But in the end it was just so nice to be with the one I love. Kevin is my very favorite person to be with, whether we are working, relaxing, playing, or anything. He is the one I want to spend my time with.

On our anniversary (the 12th) we actually had some of my best friends from when I lived in Ephraim over for dinner. Jaelle and Jena were able to come over with their spouses. It was so nice to catch up and meet with them. It was interesting to see the different stages we were all in. Kevin and I had been married for 7 years, Jena had been married for a handful of years, and Jaelle for a couple of months. Fun fact, Sadie was actually due on Jaelle's wedding date, but ended up coming late.


Overall our anniversary was wonderful. It is always fun to look back on the years together and see what we have been through. It has been a lot of changes and moves and a little craziness (mostly from me) but the only thing that has stayed constant is knowing that Kevin loves me and I love him. I am grateful for him. Here are 7 reasons why I am the luckiest girl to be married to him.

1. Kevin is the hardest worker. In all that he does, he gives 100%. At home, or in his church calling, or in his job. He is always working and trying to be better.

2. He is the best dad. He will get home from work and play with the kids and do all sorts of fun things with them. He loves his kids and they know that. They are so blessed.

3. He is always looking for ways to help me. I am pretty sure that Kevin has put Sadie to bed more in her life than I have. And it is so helpful to me and I feel so grateful that he will help with Sadie.

4. He likes to eat out almost as much as I like to. I really love cooking, but sometimes it is so nice to just pick something up and not have to do dishes. If I am not feeling like cooking, Kevin never complains if I want to pick something up. It is the best.

5. He is the funniest person I know. Just writing that sentence makes many memories run through my head of me just laughing. He makes me laugh and I love that.

6. Kevin makes me feel like a gourmet cook. When I make cookies he eats at least a dozen, and I know that sounds like such a silly thing, but I like to make people (especially Kevin) feel happy with things that I cook.

7. He loves Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have married someone who cares what the Lord wants him to do. We are trying to do what the Lord has in mind for us and  become the people He wants us to be. I am grateful to have a husband by my side asking the Lord for guidance.

Mostly, I just love everything about Kevin. Every year with him has gotten better and better. I can't wait to see what year 20 brings us. I love you Kevin, Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment