Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Recap

We sure were busy this last month. That is probably why not much blogging happened. We did so many fun things. I want to recap what happened so that I don't forget, but I probably won't go into too much detail.

I already wrote about July 4th, so we will skip that. The next was the weekend of the 12th. On the 11th I babysat for a lady in my ward. It was only one child, but she was 2 months old. Gee, I do not know what I was thinking. Trying to take care of a 2 month old and a 4 month old was insane. I hope never to have twins. If I put one down, the other would start crying, which was interesting because Camille was hardly crying at 4 months, but hearing this other baby cry she started to cry. It was nuts. After that experience I told her I wouldn't be babysitting for her at the moment. Maybe when our kids are a little older, but probably not.

Right when I was finished baby sitting I headed down to Lehi. It was going to be a busy weekend. We did family pictures Friday morning. (Kevin drove the semi truck down, so my parents had to pick him up). The pictures have turned out so good. After pictures Kevin and I went to Zupas (to get Lobster Bisque) and fill our empty tummies. We headed to Shantel's house where everyone was and ate, then headed to Manti. Yes, we were attempting to do family pictures and travel to Manti to be with Jacob as he took our his endowment in the Manti Temple. Kevin and I had been really nervous about this because we had never left Camille with anyone, especially for 3 hours. We started our trip. Camille slept a little bit, but not too much. We were so blessed that our good family friend Lauren Ezzel offered to watch Camille and Lydia. We dropped them off and went to the temple. It was such a wonderful experience to have the whole family in the celestial room. I loved it. We didn't stay too long though, because we needed to get back to Camille. Unfortunately, Camille had been screaming the whole time she was with them. I felt so bad, but so grateful they took care of her. After picking up the kids we went to Fat Jacks (now Roys) and ate delicious pizza. It was a lot of fun, but all of the traveling and excitement wore us out. Camille did a lot better than I thought she would, which I am sure is a blessing.

The next week on Wednesday (16th) we headed down to Logan to attend the Yerka family sealing. Kevin's sister Diane and her husband Steve adopted a beautiful 8 year old girl this last year. They wanted to be sealed to Hannah where they were sealed together, so they came all the way over to Logan to be sealed. It was so nice. Hannah is a crazy fun girl, so the sealing was also crazy fun like her. I was so grateful because my friend Lindsay Masco Mellor was so willing to watch Camille for me. It was such a blessing. And she said that Camille was even halfway descent and didn't scream. It was so fun to see so much family. Camille had a really bad diaper rash, so it wasn't too fun for her, especially because she didn't get too many naps that day, but all in all she was such a trooper.

The day after the sealing Camille had her 6 month appointment. She got some shots, but she did well. She is such a happy baby. I bring up the shots, because the day after her appointment was Kevin's cousin Jordon and his now wife Haley got married. It was really a nice day. Kevin was able to go to the sealing, but I just watched Camille outside. I think now that Camille is moving more, the shots are not as miserable as the first couple times. She was pretty happy though. After the sealing we went to the luncheon which was so fun. I really do just love to see family. During the luncheon I was just sitting and talking to some cousins, and all of a sudden there was a mini cupcake in front of Camille and boy did she want it. She is the sweetest. Apparently Melissa's husband thought it would be funny to give Camille a cupcake. It was really funny, but luckily we figured it out before she got it.

The following week we were supposed to go to the annual Haderlie camp out. We really wanted to go, but we had already been doing so many things and driving so many places, plus that weekend we were headed to my parent's house again for Jacob's mission farewell. So we didn't end up going. It was a good thing. We got some things accomplished around the house and we got to breath for two minutes before our next activity. It was probably nice for all that went as well because they didn't have to hear a screaming baby during the night.


As I said below, that weekend we went to Jacob's mission farewell. It was such a nice time. Jacob is such an amazing man. I am so grateful for him in my life. He is such a great example. I was able to go down and listen to his farewell, then Kevin drove a semi truck back home, and I stayed down for the week. It was really fun. I stayed at Shantel's house for a couple days.


We went to the Lehi aquatic center. It was so much fun. It was Camille's first time swimming. There was a fun play place which would be so much fun for a child, and there was an awesome slide. I took Lydia down it twice and I had SO much fun. It is pitch dark and wonderful. I want to go back. The next day Melissa and Shantel and I went to Shantel's pool in her neighborhood. It was really fun. Shantel let us borrow a nice little floaty for Camille and it was really fun.

 During that week Melissa Shantel and I did our nails with the Jamberry nails. I won some trial pack from a Jamberry party. It was fun. We just talked and did our nails that night and just had a nice girls night in. I loved it. I love being with my family. The Wednesday if this week we all went and dropped Jacob off at the MTC. It was reallly nice. We had lunch at Golden Corral, then went up and took pictures at the Provo Temple.


During this month Camille was so sweet. She had learned how to sit up, but she would fall asleep sitting up because she couldn't get down in time. It was so so sweet. I had to put this picture in.

The whole month was so busy and so much fun. I love being able to spend time with family. We had a lot of time with family this month and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment