Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Camille- 6 months

We are half way through Camille's first year of life. To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to make it through. We went to her 6 month appointment today and she is 16 pounds and 6 ounces. She is just growing. She was right in the 50 percentile. She also was 27 inches long! I never realize how much she has grown since we have brought her home.

Camille has learned so much though! Just a couple of weeks ago, she started to be so curious with the world around her. I can set her on the ground with some toys and she will just go back and forth exploring them. She really is so smart. In the morning I will put her in the swing while I eat breakfast and do the dishes. Sometimes while it is swinging she will reach up to hold the bar. She has stopped the swing every once in a while. It is so funny.

She is pretty good at sitting. She can sit by herself, but every once in a while she will get too excited and fling herself backwards. She can army crawl pretty much anywhere. She will be crawling soon. She is on all fours and is trying to hard to crawl.

She loves to jump so much. We went to Shantel's house last week and used her jumper. Camile just jumped and jumped and jumped. She loved it so much. We don't have a jumper at our house, so my arms are getting an awesome workout. It is so fun to watch her jump though.

Camille loves to look in the mirror. We have a huge mirror on our floor that I want to frame and hang up, but Camille will crawl over to it and she tries to kiss the little baby on the other side. She just smiles and plays with the mirror. It is really cute.

We go on a walk almost every day. Camille loves it. When I talk to her, she will look up at me through the umbrella part. It is so cute. When she is wearing her hat she will pull it down over her eyes and she sometimes will take a nap while we are walking.

She has been eating more solid foods and is starting to enjoy them a little bit more. It really has been such a fun experience for me to see her experiencing so many new things.

She is the sweetest girl and is pretty much always happy. She is learning so much every single day. I am so grateful for her and the love she brings into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment