Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July

This 4th of July was so fun! It was so fun that I didn't even take any pictures. On the 3rd, our neighborhood puts on this awesome fireworks display. Everyone gets together about 6:00, and we have a big BBQ. You just bring your own meat and bring a side or dessert to share. There was so much food there. After the BBQ, they watch a movie outside on a big projector screen, then once it gets dark, they do the firework show. This isn't just the little fireworks. They buy the big ones that you would go somewhere to watch. It was so nice for me, because they hold this event just two doors down. So we went over for dinner and chatted with some neighbors, then I came home and put Camille to bed, but I was still able to watch the firework show from my front room because the fireworks are so big and so close. I really think that I had the best view. It was such a fun night. I am already excited for next year. I love our house and our neighborhood and everything.

The next morning we woke up and had a delicious breakfast, then we headed over to Paul, Idaho to see Kevin's family. Every year practically the whole family gets together for the 4th in Paul. Kevin's dad goes over at 8:30 AM to get a good seat for the parade, and everyone else comes a little later. The parade is so fun. I am so excited to experience parades with Camille when she is a little older and will actually enjoy seeing the floats, instead of just roasting in the sun.

After the Parade we went back to the house and had a delicious lunch. Gary and Sarah had made homemade salsa which was delicious, and they brought a million cherries. They have a cherry tree, and I am so jealous! Cherries are so expensive! They sent us home with a bag and I am so excited!

We just hung out for the afternoon, then we went and saw some of our good friends who live there, then we headed home. Camille didn't really get any great naps that day, which was a shame. She was not a happy camper on the way home. But she was a trooper and we made it through the day. I love days where I get to hang out with Kevin and with family. The 4th was such a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. That neighborhood picnic sounds like such a fun thing! I'm so glad that you live in a good neighborhood. And glad that you were able to spend the 4th with family. I already miss you!

    ReplyDelete