Sunday, July 6, 2014

She's Crafty

Apparently there is a song that goes"She's Crafty", and Kevin keeps singing it to me, because I have finished some of my crafts I have been working on. I really am not too crafty of a person, but it has been fun to have a little something to do.

The other day I wanted to make some little baskets for Camille's toys. So I obviously went online to look at what I w
anted to do, and get some guidance, then I headed to the store. I got some burlap and some brown fabric. All of the blogs said to modge podge the burlap onto the box, but I started trying to do that, and there was no way it was going to hold. I was going to have to pour the whole bottle on. So I started taping the burlap down. I hope it holds. I think that it will. Once all of the burlap was taped on, I quickly sewed a brown liner for the boxes. This way, when dirt gets in the boxes, I can take the liner out and just throw it in the wash. They turned out really cute, and I love them. I also love that they only took a couple hours to complete.

My other project I have been working on has taken a lot longer than a couple hours. I have been refinishing a dresser. Ever since we bought this dresser, I have been wanting to refinish it. I haven't really had a place to work and do it, so I never have. Now that we have a house, I started working on it. I stripped the old stain off, and put some new stain on. Something was weird with the wood, so we ended up practically painting the dresser with the stain. Even though this took a while to complete, I absolutely love how it turned out. I am so sad, because it doesn't fit in our room, or really our house, so I might try and sell it.

Even though it probably won't be in our house, It showed me that I can do anything that I set my mind to, or at least I can refinish a dresser if I want to.

1 comment:

  1. So sad that you don't get to keep the dresser! But I am really impressed that you did that! both the baskets and the dresser look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete