Monday, January 6, 2014

Blessings

I have just been thinking a lot recently of all the blessings that I have, and I want to record some of them. These are a little more personal, but I am using this blog more of a journal, so I still want to write them down.

No matter what has happened in my life, I have learned from it and it has truly been a blessing. Most of the time my "plan" in life doesn't happen, but something greater does.

When Kevin and  I were first married, he was driving semi truck and I was riding with him a little bit but I was looking for a job and internship. I couldn't find anything. I was surprised at the difficulty I was having. I have my Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA), and usually you can always find a job at a nursing home. I had applied everywhere.  I was so desperate to find something or anything. I finally went to the Health Center on the BYU-Idaho campus and asked if they had an internship available for the next semester in the radiology department. They set up an interview for  me the following week with the Radiology Technician.

I went in to the interview and found out that only the week before had they got the green light to start an internship in that department. I was hired and was able to have a paid internship while Kevin was in school for that semester. It was the perfect internship for me and I learned how much I love the radiology field.

If I had found a job earlier, then I never would have applied at the Health Center. If I had decided to apply there earlier, then they wouldn't have been able to offer me the job because they still didn't know if they were going to open an internship in that department.

I look back and see the Lord's hand in my life. I believe I was prompted to get the courage to go ask the Health Center at that specific time so that I could get my internship, find my passion, and be able to help support Kevin and I while we were in school.

That is just one of many blessing that the Lord has given me. Even though it is not necessarily a spiritual aspect, I know that He cares about me and my life enough to help guide me to the positions that I need. I am so grateful for all of my blessings and where my life has taken me. The Lord's hand is in each of our lives and he cares and loves us all.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post. I'm so glad to read about it and know that this truly was a blessing. It's important to remember things like that. You deserve all the blessings in the world.

    ReplyDelete