Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ready or Not...Here She Comes!

This past night (1/14/14) has been a different one. I have had contractions all night. I am not sure if that really means she is coming soon, but I know it does mean she is coming eventually. I was always worried that I wouldn't know when contractions were starting or what they felt like. So many people kept asking me if I was having contractions, and I wasn't sure if the little pains that I was having were contractions or not. I can now honestly say that I am having contractions. I don't know if they are fake or just preparing me, but they are here. It is now 4:30 AM, and I have been awake for several hours. We will see if these go anywhere.

Day two of this adventure is here. It is 1:40 AM right now, which means it is way too early to be awake. I guess this is good practice for when the baby is here. Hopefully when the baby is here it will be a little less painful. I went to bed at 10, and have been having contractions ever since. I am hoping that she comes today, but not until after 8:30 AM. Kevin went on a run to Twin Falls then down to Salt Lake. He got to Twin Falls early afternoon yesterday, but they didn't load his trailer until...well after 8, but probably later than that. He is currently driving down to Utah right now. I feel so bad when he has to drive during these weird hours. He is so great to work so hard and provide for us. To make a long story short, Kevin won't be back until 8:30ish, so she has to stay in there until then so that Kevin can make it. Hopefully at the appointment this morning, Dr. Oldroyd will tell us that she is on her way! Fingers crossed! I don't want to be sleep deprived before she even gets here!

It is still day two. I went in for my appointment this morning and I was dilated to a 3 and 85% effaced. We set up an appointment to be induced tomorrow at 6:30 AM. I was excited to know when she is coming, TOMORROW!! I went home and started putting together Melissa's cake. (I might be making her wedding cake, so I have been practicing with this one). I got the cakes frosted and put the fondant on. While I was doing this I was having some contractions, but I have been having them for the last couple of nights so I didn't think twice about it. After a while of having several in a row, I noticed that I was having them more frequently, and they were more uncomfortable. I ended up sitting down and resting for a while, wondering if they were fake contractions, but so far they have only gotten worse. I called Dr. Oldroyd and he said that they were probably fake contractions and that they will probably go away if I rest a little. I started resting more and drinking water and taking a warm bath, but no matter what I did, the contractions just got worse and more frequent. I think that Dr. Oldroyd thought that we were making up the pain that I was having, because we really wanted to be induced on Wednesday instead of Thursday. Once the pain was getting worse, Kevin called the hospital to make sure that we should come in and that it wasn't just me thinking I was in pain. (I had already been to the hospital once a couple days before, but was sent home).

We went in at 10:30. They accepted us and the birth process was coming. To find out what happened during the birth, stay tuned for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment