Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fun Five

1. Shannon and Collen came over for dinner on 1/4/14. I love hanging out with them. They came over and we had a California Club Pizza. It is the most delicious pizza, and actually kind of healthy. After dinner we played the game Bang. We love that game. We told bad dating stories and just laughed. It was so nice to do something before the baby comes. I am pretty sure in a couple of days/weeks I will be too busy and tired to do too much.

2. Kevin was able to go snowmobiling this weekend. He loves sledding so much, even if he only gets to go for 2 hours (which is not much time at all). We are so grateful that we live close to Michael and Charity. Kevin and Michael get to go sledding together. It is so nice that all of our family gets along so well.

3. Today (1/8/14) was my last day of work. I have been working at the Idaho Eye Pros since May this year. The job has been such a blessing in our lives. I was able to be the manager, so I got paid an extra dollar an hour, and I only had to work 4 days a week to get my full time hours. I was so grateful to even be hired because we were not sure that we would still be in Idaho Falls after December because of Kevin graduating, so I told them I could promise 8 months, but that was it. They still hired me, and even though we aren't moving, the baby is coming so I fulfilled my promise of 8 months and now I will be leaving.

I have really enjoyed this job and the people that I work with. They were all fantastic. I am feeling a little sad today, and a little excited. Hopefully this will be the last job that I go to for a while. It is kind of a weird bitter sweet feeling.


4. My little, Younger brother Matthew came home from his mission today 1/8/14. He served faithfully in New Jersey for the last two years. I am so happy he is home, but I am so sad that I wasn't able to go down to Utah to welcome him home. I am due in 9 days with this little baby, and the doctor said it probably wasn't the best idea to be traveling too much at this stage in the game.

I am just so proud of Matthew for the great example that he has set to so many people. Soon he will be off saving China. I can't wait to see him succeed at that as well!


5. Texas Roadhouse baby! Kevin and I were given a gift card for Texas Roadhouse this Christmas and we went and used it last night (1/8/14). We decided to celebrate my last day of work, Matthew coming home, and spending one last night out before the baby is here. It was so nice. We got an appetizer with our free appetizer card. It was so delicious. I ended up eating only the appetizer and my salad with my meal. It was SO delicious, but we had so much food. It was so fun to go out to dinner and spend the night with Kevin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment