Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fun Five- Collen, Hiccups, Tests, Jobs

I have been such a slacker. Here is a quick update on the past..several weeks.

1. We were able to go and celebrate Collen's (Kevin's sister's husband) birthday. Shannon is such an awesome wife. She made this cute little game about Collen and we all had to take it. Some of the questions were pretty hard. But I tied for first place with Aimee. Shannon had rounded up some prizes, which were fun. We had to reach our hand into a bag and pull one out. I won a rag that hooks onto the stove. I love it! It is Christmas themed which is so nice because we have no Christmas decorations. Kevin came in last, and he won a candle. The scent is Bamboo. Shannon thinks that it stinks, but Kevin likes it, so it was a win-win.

After we had cake and ice cream. It was such a fun time celebrating with them. I love living close to family.

2.On 11/19/2013 Kevin and I were laying in bed trying to fall asleep. All of a sudden, I felt our babies first hiccups. I told Kevin that she had the hiccups and he didn't believe me, but it is amazing that you can feel them. They are just little movements that come every couple seconds or so. Kevin put his hand on my belly and felt them. It was so fun being able to feel her hiccup. I still haven't felt her hiccup too often, but when I do, I think it is pretty fun.

3. Kevin had to take a test for his Economic Capstone Class. In this class, there is a test that Kevin has to take. It is HUGE! In the class, the test is worth practically 70% of his grade. If he fails the test, essentially he fails the class. This test does not only cover things that they learn in this class, but it is a test that covers everything that you should have learned the past several years while studying economics, plus a little more. It is a really big test.

Kevin took the test this past Monday, and he rocked it. He is so smart and amazing! Plus, I am so glad that he passed because now he can graduate from college and we can go get a job and start our real lives.

4. Just for records sake, we were offered the Job in Portland. We are excited to get a job offer, even if it is so far away from family. We are still waiting to hear from a couple other options that we have, but we are excited that Kevin interviewed so well and that they want him to come work for him.

5. Kevin went and interviewed with a company in Salt Lake City. We would love to live there, and the job would be really good experience for Kevin. We hope to hear back from them this week and schedule a third interview for the week after. One cool thing about this job is that back in the good ol' days, Kevin's Grandpa worked for this same company. Isn't that cool? It would be fun to say that Kevin worked at the same company his Grandpa did.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait til she starts hiccuping at 2 am, then it stops being cute and starts being really annoying, lol. I felt Isabelle hiccup at least once a day for 18 weeks straight. She now gets them every time she laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading all about your life (and chatting with you on the phone today.) I love you sis!

    ReplyDelete