Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas

YAY for Christmas! Christmas is Kevin's FAVORITE holiday, and in my top five. This year has been the first year that Kevin and I were able to take almost a whole week off and party with family. I love being with family. We headed down to my parents house on Monday morning. On our way down, we were able to stop at Kevin's Aunt Nadine's house. They just moved to Corinne, UT.  It was really fun to stop by and see their family and their new home.

We finally made it to Morgan, just to hop back in the car and head to Lyman, WY. It was my Grandpa's birthday, so we went up to celebrate. It was so nice. We were able to see some of my cousins and their children, several of my Aunts and Uncles, and of course my Grandma and Grandpa.  It was so fun! My grandpa got a HUGE snickers bar. My grandpa love snickers bars, and Dr. Pepper, and mixed nuts. He also received two left gloves. Apparently, we (the grand kids) have lost all of his left hand gloves.

True Love at its finest. I love my Grandparents



Tuesday Shantel, David and Lydia came up in the morning. We started puzzle. Every year we put together a puzzle during Christmas time.


We didn't finish it, but later that week my mom finished it.



That night Melissa and Blake showed up.  We made homemade pizza (that is another delicious tradition that we do every year). We love pizza.

After dinner we let Shantel and David open up their present. Everyone had to leave in the early afternoon on Christmas, so they opened their gift so we could play it. It was the game Bang. Kevin and I really like that game. We also drank hot Chocolate and Frappe.

On Christmas we woke up, and went down stairs. We opened presents and hung out with each other. We are so blessed to have such a giving family.We got some things for Baby Haderlie, and some things for us. Kevin gave me a beautiful pair of earrings, a cute scarf, a subway gift card, and a spaghetti scooper thing. The subway gift card is so that once this baby is born I can get a nice big sandwich. You aren't supposed to eat deli meat when you are pregnant, and it has been killing me. The spaghetti scooper thing is funny. I have been wanting one for years, and I ask for it on every gift exchanging occasion., and I finally got it. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.


Lydia has the cutest little face! I love how happy she was about this little dog.
Later that day we were able to skype with my brother Matthew. He is serving a mission in New Jersey. He comes home on January 8th. It was so good to see him and catch up a little bit. He is so funny. His companion was the one who first answered the skype call, it was funny. At the end, Matt and his companion sang a song. It sounded SO good. I was so impressed.




After skyping we headed up to Kevin's parents house. It was so fun this year because so many of Kevin's family was able to go up to his parent's house. His Sister Jenny and her family was there, Shannon and Collen were there, Gary and his kids came down for Christmas day, Steven was there, and Michael and his family came up on the day after Christmas. It was so fun to see everyone.

We were also celebrating Steven's Birthday!


See how awesome my nieces and nephews are?

Diane and Steve were not able to make it from Minnesota, but they sent a DVD of them playing music and singing songs with their sweet little girl Hannah. (They just adopted her and she is so adorable. I cannot wait to meet her in real life).



This is us waiting for the DVD to start

We played lots of games (Kevin got Ticket to Ride for Christmas and that is also one of our favorite games) and we ate a lot of delicious food. My nephew Justin got a rocket for Christmas, so we all went out and watched it go off.  The first time it went off it went perfectly. The second time it went off, the parachute didn't come out, and it crash landed.






We played some ping pong, around the world style, and I even won one of the rounds! Can you believe it. A 8.5 month pregnant woman beating everyone. It was really fun.

I am so grateful for the wonderful family that we have, and that Christ came to this earth to die for each one of us so that we can be forgiven of our sins and be able to live with Him again. I am grateful the the gospel in my life and for all the blessings it brings me. I love this Christmas season and hope to keep it in our hearts all year long.



Please look how cute my niece is..She just came and snuggled up to me, even though she hardly knows me. She made me so happy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment