Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving- Walker and Haderlie

I have not been in a great blogging mood recently, these big posts intimidate me. So mostly this is me just blabbering about what happened in no specific order. 

This year I was able to have two Thanksgivings. At first I went down to Morgan the weekend before Thanksgiving.

My dad and I went grocery shopping and we were sent to find pies. We were really disappointed in the pie selection. We went to at least 3 different grocery stores and the only pies they had were pumpkin (and maybe one apple) but they definitely did not have any sugar free pies (for my grandpa and Blake). So after much desperation I just decided that I would make the pies. That night we got home and I opened the pre-made crust because making crust and getting a good crust is kind of hard. I made two pumpkin pies, a blueberry pie, and an apple pie. The apple pie was my pride and joy. Every year we can apples, and I took those apples and turned them into pie filling, and it was pretty delicious. Everyone super loved the blueberry pie.   It made me laugh, because Shantel and Kevin both thought it was the best blueberry pie they had ever eaten. But all I did was take the Pillsbury pie crust, put two cans of blueberry pie filling inside the crust then covered the top with another layer of Pillsbury pie crust. Everything was just bought. It made me laugh.



Also, my dad thought that sweet potatoes and yams were the same thing. I just want to let everyone know, that I do not really know the difference between them, but I know they are different. When we got home my dad looked it up, and found out that sweet potatoes and yams are totally different, like Wheat and Corn. I felt very smart.

Then on Thanksgiving we got up and started making all of the food. We had all of our family there (minus Kevin and Matt), and then my Grandma and Grandpa Knowles and Walker were there. It was so fun to see grandparents. I do not make it to their houses often enough.


After our Thanksgiving dinner we went to Jacob's play that he was in. He did so great. He is such a great singer and actor. The play was Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was fun to go watch him. Jacob played the Boss that Millie was trying to fall in love with.

We also celebrated my Mom's birthday. She is such an amazing person. I just love her and admire her so much. It was fun to celebrate her and her life.


On the real Thanksgiving, Kevin and I went to American Falls to celebrate with all of Kevin's family. Kevin's extended family is so large. They held Thanksgiving in the church house. They had so much food!

We all sat down and ate Thanksgiving, then all of Kevin's aunts played some musical numbers. (Kevin's whole family is amazing at the piano, especially his aunts!) They played so many fun music pieces. After the music, Kevin's brother Steven recited the night before Christmas for everyone. There is more to that story than I ever remember.

After the program most of the kids and men started playing two ball (lightning) there are many names for this game. But it was a basketball game. Kevin did so good, except there were these twin girls who were probably 13 and they constantly got him (and everyone else) out. They were really good. It was really fun to watch every play these games. They must have played at least 100 rounds of this game. Kevin wouldn't let me play since I was pregnant, so I just watched.

It is so fun to be able to spend so much time with family, and we are so blessed that so far we have lived close to both of our families. I am so thankful for family and the joy that we can receive from them. I cannot wait to start my own little family with Kevin.




No comments:

Post a Comment