Friday, October 24, 2014

Harry Potter Party

I love Harry Potter. I think the books are amazing. Right before Camille was born, and a little after she was born, I had Kevin listen to all of the books while he was driving semi truck and I was reading the books at home. When we both finished a book, we would watch the movie. It was really fun. Then on Pinterest I saw an awesome blog that someone made where they had an awesome Harry Potter Party. At that moment I knew I wanted to have a Harry Potter Party as well. So I told Kevin I wanted to do this, and he said, "that sounds like fun. Just know I don't want to make any decorations. If you need help putting something up, I will help." And ya know what? I didn't even need any help!! It was really fun for me. I read a million blogs (no exaggeration), and made a plan. After the plan was made, I started making the decorations. I had a lot of fun with this. When Camille was asleep, and Kevin was out driving truck, I would sit and make things.

I will walk you through each decoration as you saw it when entering the wonderful world of Harry Potter.

I sent out acceptance letters for invitations and put in platform 9 3/4 train tickets. They looked so great. I should have sent myself one.

When you entered the house I made a brick wall for platform 9 3/4. So you could run through the wall to enter the great hall.

Once you entered the great hall the first thing you saw was the floating candles. They looked really awesome, especially at night.

Next you were sorted by the sorting hat. I wanted to make a real looking sorting hat, but I didn't have the time or motivation, so we just had a little witch hat. I made house badges, so after you put the sorting hat on then you could reach in the cauldron and pick a badge to decide what house you were in.


After being sorted you went to Ollivanders where they could pick their wand, or should I say so that wand could pick the wizard.  Here are the wands I made. I used some chopsticks that I had bought several years ago because I wanted to be cool, but we used them once, then never again. They were too slippery for us to use. I took the chopsticks then covered the bottom with glue and I put one bead on the end of it. After the glue had dried, I spray painted them brown. They actually turned out awesome. My little sister Melissa would say, "They just feel good in your hand." Which they do.




 As you entered the kitchen there was a sign for the three broomstick. So we had dinner in the three broomsticks. I made soup (way way way too much soup) and bread wands (sticks) and Herbology house salad.

In the kitchen I had put up Education Decrees that Professor Umbridge put in place at Hogwarts.


After dinner we ventured over to Honeydukes for some delicious treats. There was so much candy, as you can see in the pictures.







After dessert we turned on Harry Potter and the Chamber of  Secrets for the little kids to watch, and we played some fun games.

Here are some of the other really fun decorations that were up around the house.







This says, "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir beware."

This says, "This ways to the Ministry of Magic."

It is always so fun to play with family, and I was so happy that so many people dressed up and were able to come. It was really fun, and I am glad it all went well. Now that it is over I have nothing to do, so I might need to be planning something else soon.






Dr. Who graced us with his presence 


Hedwig even came! 

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, you are amazing! This looks like the funnest party ever! I love, love, love Harry Potter too. I re-read all the books the last few weeks of my pregnancy and first few weeks of Claire's life when she slept so much. It was so much fun to be in Harry Potter world again! This makes we want to throw a Harry Potter themed party too haha :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Harry Potter party SOOOO much. You are so talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete