Monday, May 5, 2014

Philo Farnsworth

Do you know how Philo Farnsworth is? Even if you don't, I bet you use what he invented almost everyday. Philo invented the TV, and do you know where he invented it at? Rigby Idaho! That is right. He was an Idahoan. There is a museum called the Philo Farnsworth museum in Rigby. I have wanted to go to it ever since my first semester at BYU-Idaho. Do you think I ever went? Of course not.

The other day, Kevin and I were driving through Rigby. We wanted to stop in and say hello to his sister and brother-in-law, but as we stalked their house, all the cars were gone. As we turned the corner we drove past the Philo Farnsworth museum. I told Kevin how I have always wanted to go there, so he turned into the parking lot and we went.

To tell you the truth, I was very disappointed about this museum. I am one that usually loves museums, but this one was weird. There was one little display about the TV and Philo, and the rest was just a lot of old stuff from the different cities and most of it didn't even make sense. There were some fun things to go look at, but most of it was really weird, and they didn't have good descriptions about what you were looking at. I left feeling really sad, because I always thought I would take Camille there, but it turns out that I probably wont.
We are standing by an old hair perming machine.

Even though it was a really odd museum, and I learned nothing about the TV, it was still a fun little adventure that I had with my sweet husband and adorable little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I always love your posts. They make me happy. Also, did you know that Philo T. Farnsworth was friends with our great-grandparents (on mom's side)? They ate Thanksgiving Dinner together once. It's our family claim to fame.

    (I may be remembering the story slightly off... but I'm pretty sure that it's fairly accurate. You should ask mom.)

    ReplyDelete