Friday, November 15, 2013

Fun Five- Birthday, Star Valley, Portland, and Flowers

I changed my name of this post again. Spontaneous is too long, and now I am writing little reminders about what happened during that week or so because currently I had 20 Spontaneous fives, but I had no idea what was in them. So I hope you now enjoy the fun five. My disclaimer is the things written in fun five may not always be fun, but it is a short and sweet title, so enjoy!

1. I love that we live so close to family. We were able to go to Kevin's cousin Jordon's birthday party. Aimee made the most delicious pie and we had ice cream and played bang. We now LOVE the game bang. We are going to have to get it soon.

Blowing out the candles in the pie
2. Kevin is the  best husband for me. I was not having a great week a couple weeks ago, and Kevin just spoiled me. We had a date night where we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.


After dinner we went and walked around the mall. Window shopping is really probably one of my favorite things to do. I love to just walk around holding Kevin's hand and looking at things. It can be clothes, toys, food, museums, pretty much anything. I just love to look at things. It was such a wonderful night. I am so spoiled.

Kevin being a goof playing with the exercise equipment 
I am especially spoiled because that same weekend we went to Star Valley. The day was beautiful and Kevin said, lets go to Jackson (we ended up changing our destination). We headed on our way and it was so beautiful outside. I didn't even fall asleep on the way there. When we got there, we drove past the house that he grew up in, and he showed me where some of his childhood memories were ( the bus driving lady who was in a lot of crashes, where he won the state title for BMX when he was younger, his two story church house, and many more). It is always fun to be able to hear stories about Kevin's childhood, mostly because he was a crazy child.

After touring we decided we were going to go eat at Rulon's Burger Barn. Rulon was an Olympic wrestler from Star Valley. When he came home from the Olympics, he started up this restaurant. We were excited to go there. We finally found it, and it was closed. They only served ice cream. It was totally lame.


Since we could eat there, we went to a little cafe called Hegg's. It was pretty good. Kevin said his burger was so so delicious.
These are not our best pictures ever...but at least we took pictures
This is us eating at Hegg's


After eating we went and saw our friends Tom and Jessica and their little baby Ryker. It was so fun to see them. We then headed home. The drive home was wonderful also, but I did end up putting the seat down and closing my eyes. It was such a wonderful day though.

3. I have been watching what not to wear this past week. It has made me want to go shopping. So I went shopping in my closet. Last year for Christmas, Melissa bought me this shirt and necklace. It was so so so cute, but every single time I tried to wear it, it looked funny on me. But since watching what not to wear, I thought that I should wear it with a belt. it now looks SO cute. It is now probably one of my favorite shirts now. I am so excited to wear it again.

4. Kevin finally had his interview in Portland. They flew him out, got him a rental car, and a hotel. Kevin interviewed Monday afternoon. He ended up interviewing for 4 hours. I think that is such a long time to interview for. He said that the interviews went well. He has another interview with them over the phone next week.
His rental car
The Hotel
Next week Kevin also has an interview with a company in Salt Lake City. Don't tell Kevin, but I am really hoping that this job will work out for us. 

5.Kevin went to get some ingredients for dinner. When he came home he had these beautiful poted flowers. Kevin is so sweet to me. I am so grateful that Kevin does the little things for me. The little things mean the world to me.


6. Just to put on the record, I cannot really see my toes anymore. My belly is getting pretty bit. My belly button is now popping halfway out. It is kind of fun, but a little weird. I haven't ever had a belly button that pokes out (except when i was first born).

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog posts. All of them. Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your baby! YAY! and don't tell kevin but I am hoping the slc job works out too

    ReplyDelete