Monday, November 4, 2013

Spontaneous Five- Halloween, Hospital, Shoes and Soup

1. I had to get my glucose screening test to see if I had gestational diabetes. I haven't been particularly looking forward to this, but I wasn't scared either. I went in around 9 AM because you have to be fasting. I had to be admitted to the hospital, and then I went to the Lab and they had to draw three vials of blood. After that they gave me a drink to drink. I was given the Lemon Lime flavor. I have heard people compare it to soda, and that is what I would compare the first two sips to. After the first two sips I started getting sick. It no longer tasted like delicious soda.After that I had to slowly sip the drink. If I didn't do it slowly, it was going to come back up fast (if you know what I mean). I finally got it down and had to wait an hour. In one hour the Lab people came and got me. They drew one more vial of blood from my other arm. Then I went back into the waiting room and waited for another hour. After that hour was finished they drew one more vial of blood from the first arm.

I couldn't believe I had already been poked by 3 needles and I hadn't even had breakfast yet. I am a big breakfast fan if you are wondering. After I finished the glucose test I went down to labor and delivery. The nurses there had to give me a shot. Yes, another poke with a needle. The reason I needed this shot was because I have O negative blood. This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing for others, because I like to donate blood and anyone can use my blood (it is universal), but a curse for me because I HAVE to have O negative blood if I ever needed a transfusion or something of that sort. Also, now that I am pregnant and every time I get pregnant after this, I will have to get this shot. We are not sure what Kevin's blood type is, but it isn't worth the risk.

Since I have O negative blood, if the baby's blood type is positive (from Kevin) then my blood can attack her blood, or something like that. My body will not accept what is going on, so I have to get this shot. (I believe that is the reason why).

After four pokes and 4 hours without breakfast, I was finally able to come home and eat.

I was going to send this to family and tell them that our baby was coming early, because I totally look legit, but I thought that would be rude. But here is my official proof that I was admitted to the hospital. 

2. Kevin and I didn't do much for Halloween this year, but I wanted to celebrate at least a little. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up, I love candy, and I love seeing other people dressing up. So instead of doing anything crazy, we stayed at home. I had found a cute idea on pinterest to make cute little mummy dogs (like pigs in a blanket). So for dinner we made those. Lets just say everything on Pinterest looks better than what I could make. Even though they didn't turn out super cute, they were still delicious and we have a good time celebrating Halloween.

See how these look nothing like mummies? I tried to put ketchup eyes on the top one, but the ketchup just squirted out. 

3. Kevin went to the store to pick up a couple of things. When he came home, he brought in some of the cutest little girl shoes. Kevin is so excited for our little baby. She is so lucky to have such a loving dad who is already buying her shoes. I love the Kevin think about our little girl.

When he came home from the store he told me he is so grateful for my mom who has been buying us some used clothes and getting really good deals, because this is the first time he has realized that baby clothes are so expensive and they only wear them for a couple months. We are so grateful for the clothes we have received from those around us.
We have a cute little hat that match these shoes. Kevin is so excited for her to wear them. 

4. Last night (11.01.13) my sister-in-law Charity was so kind. She had made dinner, had some extras and sent it home with Kevin for us to eat. (Kevin had been over motorbiking with Michael). This was such a blessing in my life. Work was crazy yesterday and I was so exhausted by the time I got home. I still had dishes to do, laundry to fold from last week, and the thought of making dinner was making me sad. It was such a tender mercy that Charity would think of us and send us over some dinner. I am so grateful for the family that I grew up in and the family I married into.

5.On Saturday (1/02/2013) we watched Oz, for our date night. It was kind of different, but it was still pretty good. I love that we can have little date nights in. I made some caramel popcorn (you can't get that at the theater). Kevin is so weird. He doesn't like caramel popcorn. He doesn't hate it, but whenever I make it, he hardly eats any. So now I have a HUGE bowl of caramel popcorn that I have to eat by myself. 

3 comments:

  1. The mummies are awesome! I love carmel popcorn! To bad we live so far away or I would help you eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I like it when joel doesn't like certain foods... Then I get it all to myself hehe :) i love this spontaneous five you do!! It's always fun to hear what others have going on in their lives.
    Ps. I think our little girls should be pen pals since they will be a month apart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes! So cute. I totally know how you feel about the moment that you realize that baby clothes are SO expensive. It's been such a blessing to have those clothes from mom. I have clothes to pass along to you as well Jenna. I love you!

    ReplyDelete