Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Swimming Lessons

This year Camille and Jason both got to do swimming lessons. We did them really early in the summer before we left for our trip to Utah. We had them done at the Mercer pool in Iowa City. They have a great park there as well that the kids loved playing at too.


They both really enjoyed it, and they both put their heads all the way under the water. I only had to use large amount of bribery of bacon and happy meals so Jason wouldn't cry each time.

Looking back, Jason might have been a little young to do swimming lessons, but I do still think it helped, even though he didn't do very much of what was being done. He liked to sit on the edge and splash, and when the teacher was working one on one with him, he would do some of the things. But looking back now after the summer is over, I can tell that he did a lot better this summer in the water than if we hadn't had him do swimming lessons.

I hope that someday my kiddos will enjoy the water as much as I do. But until then, we will just keep putting them in swimming lessons so they can at least feel more comfortable in the water.






No comments:

Post a Comment