Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Sadie's First Birthday!!!!!

Where did my little baby go? Sometimes I sit and try to rock Sadie in the chair and she just sits up and pushes her way out of my arms. It makes me a little sad, but I have so enjoyed watching her grow up these past 12 months. She is such a sweetheart with a little fire in her soul. She loves to snuggle and be held, unless it is by Jason. When she was younger she would just laugh and laugh at Jason, and she still loves him, but when he comes over to snuggle with her she will just push his head away. It is almost comical the way she does it.

Sadie is officially sleeping through the night and I am so happy about that. I finished nursing her around 11 months, and after we were done nursing she learned how to sleep through the night fairly quickly. After she slept through the night the fist couple times we ended up moving Camille and Jason upstairs into her room as well. So she went through a big transition of sleeping through the night and sharing a room all within the same month. As always she is taking it like a champ and now loves sharing a room with them.

Sadie is definitely  a third child. I have found in her diaper 8 googly eyes, part of a sticky hand ball, and several beads. I just can't keep things off of the floor and out of her mouth. I am so grateful she hasn't died yet.

Sadie really likes to eat cheese, peas, pepperoni, grapes, bananas, and pasta. Really she will eat a lot of things, but those are ones she really likes.

She loves books. If she can get me to sit down and read one book, it usually turns into at least 10. She will crawl over and grab another one off the shelf and bring it back to me. It makes my heart happy to see how much she is loving books and reading. At night now when I put her down, she sits right back up, pulls out one of her books and flips through it before going to bed. It is so sweet.

Sadie is almost walking!!!! She is cruising around furniture like crazy, and has taken a couple of free standing steps. She should be walking in the next month. It is exciting to see her growing and learning. She is going to be unstoppable once she starts walking. I am almost nervous for it. She will be so fast!

Sadie's very favorite place to be recently is on the counter when I am cooking or cleaning. She sit and pulls all of the pencils and pens out of the drawer, then I put them back in and she pulls them right back out. She also likes to pull all of my cooking spoons and spatulas out of their cup. I worry that she is going to fall off the counter, but she just really loves being up there "helping" me.

For Sadie's birthday we went to Moline Illinois and went to the John Deere Pavilion. It is a big building where you can sit in tractors and learn about John Deere. I am pretty sure Kevin loved it more than anyone, but we all enjoyed it a lot. We picked up McDonalds on the way home. If that is not the best way to celebrate a child's birthday, I just don't know what it.

We have loved having Sadie be a part of our family. I can't even imagine what life would be like without her. I know she is going to grow up to be a strong woman of God and I can't wait to see what He has in store for her. I love you Sadie Anne. You are so precious to me. Love you always!

















No comments:

Post a Comment