Saturday, June 15, 2019

Jenna's 29th Birthday

Well I am now 29. A year older and hopefully a year wiser. This years celebrations ended up being so nice. On my birthday Kevin had to be gone, but was so thoughtful and sent Marco Polos and texts reminding me about past birthdays and the fun things we have done together. It was sweet.

Then on Friday when he got home he spoiled me and took me to a nice Italian restaurant. It was pretty fancy, and unfortunately really disgusting. Everything I ordered turned out to be a big flop. Same with Kevin. As we were walking back to our car we both felt sick to our stomachs. We decided that maybe we are more 3 star kind of people. Give us some Chili's or Olive Garden and we will be so happy. But this fancy place did not make our taste buds sing. But even though it was gross, it was a fun experience to have with Kevin, and it was so thoughtful of him to take me out to a nice restaurant.

On Saturday we went to the John Deere Pavilion for a combined party for Sadie and I/ Father's Day activity. Everyone had a lot of fun. By the time we got home, it was too late for cake. But we opened presents anyway.

Kevin spoiled me this year and bought me a new pan set. And a nice one! I had written a little reminder of something I might want on a white board, but when it got closer to my birthday I started researching new pan sets and they were so expensive. So I was going to ask for a new frying pan for my birthday. But Kevin never asked me what I wanted. He just surprised me. But he had seen that note I have written for myself, and he went to a restaurant supply store in Denver and got a super nice set. He probably spent way too much money on me this year. But I LOVE the pans. It is so much easier to cook when you have good pans to do it in!

My favorite part of everything was how Kevin wrapped my gifts. He was at work, and just used what was around him. Cardboard boxes stuffed with cut up pool noodles, tied with wire or duct tape. It made me laugh and was totally a Kevin thing to do.








I felt so special and loved on my birthday, from all the birthday calls to Facebook messages and texts. I have made some great friends throughout my life and feel grateful for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment