Saturday, February 23, 2019

Jacob's 23rd Golden Birthday

My little brother just turned 23. I am always shocked when I hear how old he is getting. He stayed 5 years old to me for so long, that once he grew up it was crazy. But we went and celebrated as a family and it was really fun to celebrate him. We went to the Utah State Capitol Building because they had a display on the transcontinental railroad and the golden spike which is located in Utah. One of my great great grandpas was at the nailing of the golden spike and can be found in the famous picture raising his hat. He was a cook. But we learned a lot about the Chinese and their efforts to build the railroad. It really was pretty cool so read about so many people who put in thousands and thousands of hours to build a railroad. I am always amazed at those who didn't have the tools that we have today, but built amazing things.

At the museum we video chatted with Matthew and Brooklyn so they could be part of the birthday celebration as well. But they gave the best gift! They surprised us and told us that Brooklyn is pregnant! I am so excited for them. Matthew is going to be a wonderful Dad and I can't wait to meet their little baby in August.

After we were finished we headed over to Golden Corral for dinner, since it was Jacob's Golden birthday. Camille and Jason thought it was pretty great. Jason ate so much sausage, and Camille had all the vegetables and fruit she could find. Then when it came time for dessert she ate a ton of sugar. Like, ice cream and cotton candy and chocolate dipped strawberries and marshmallows. Just anything she could get her hands on she ate. It was fun to celebrate with Jacob and my family.

My parents had to leave after eating to get back for their stake conference that evening, but Shantel, Melissa, Jacob and myself headed over to the mall to the kids play place so we could sit and talk while they played. Unfortunatley, there was no kids play place. We found that out once we got there. We randomly met each other at the lego store, and they had some legos and duplos to play with. We let the kids play for a little while and then just headed home. Even though we were not able to chat as much, it was still fun to be with my siblings. We just missed having Matt and Brooklyn there!

No comments:

Post a Comment