Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we spent the first half with Kevin's family and the second with my family. I love that we live close enough to both of our families that we can see them both during the holidays.

On Wednesday we went up to Idaho Falls. We stopped in Idaho Falls and had dinner at Mike and Charity's house. Oh my goodness, their house is beautiful. This is the first time that I have been to their new house, and they did such a good job designing it. After dinner we went and stayed at Shannon and Collen's house because Jenny and Roger's family were staying at Grandma and Grandpa Haderlie's house. It was so nice to stay with Shannon and Collen. After getting our kids to be we chatted and played Carrom. I had never played before, but Kevin played it as a child. The way they play is almost like a little pool table type game. It was fun.

The next morning they set up the Wii and we played Just Dance. I have never played Just Dance before, but I really love dancing so this game is right up my alley. It was so fun! And Kevin being the awesome husband that he is even played a couple times with me, even though he doesn't like dancing as much. Or at all. After playing Just Dance, we got ready and went to Thanksgiving.

Grandma Haderlie wanted us all to wear blue or red for a family picture because we had everyone together besides Steven (who is in Guam) and Cody (who is at college and had to work). We are a big happy family, and we were happier after the picture was taken, but I am glad we were able to take a picture. Not long after we finished the picture we had a prayer and started thanksgiving. There were probably around 100-150 people at the Haderlie Thanksgiving, which means there was so much food. Kevin was in heaven. I am pretty sure Thanksgiving is one of Kevin's top holidays. We ate way too much food and enjoyed every minute of it. Then I tried to get Sadie to fall asleep and take a nap in the stroller so I could play some basketball.

One of my favorite traditions of the Haderlie Thanksgiving is playing lightning after Thanksgiving. Since we are in the church already, we have half the gym set up in tables, and the other half free for playing basketball. I don't get to play basketball very often. I just don't have very many opportunities. But I love playing, so it is fun to get together with other people to play a little ball. Surprisingly, or maybe I should say not surprising, I did pretty good. We mostly played right at the free throw line, and I held my own. I was usually in the last 4, and Kevin was there along with me. I had a lot of fun, I think that Kevin did as well.

We played for a while and Camille crated and watched Frozen. Overall we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Kevin's family is huge, and I don't know 2/3rds of them, but I love going and getting to know knew people and meet more of Kevin's family. I might not know them all, but I know where they come from, and everyone I have met is truly kind and wonderful. Kevin comes from a wonderful family.


We came home after Thanksgiving on Thursday and stayed at our home. Then on Friday we headed up to Morgan for Grandma Walker's birthday. We got there before everyone else and helped cook the turkey for the Walker Thanksgiving that was going to be on Saturday. Everyone else rolled in about 3 and it was so good to see everyone. Matt and Brooklyn came from California, and Jacob and his girlfriend Whitney came as well. So did Shantel and David and family, along with Melissa and Blake. It is so nice to be with family. Friday we ate delicious food and celebrated Grandma Walker's birthday and Blake's birthday. After we got the kids to sleep, we played some super fun games. Playing games is one of my favorite things to do with my family. We stayed up until midnight!!! I could hardly believe myself. I am not a midnight kind of person, but it was just nice to talk and catch up with family. It was worth the loss of sleep.

Saturday we woke up and made pancakes for everyone as they woke up. Those without kids slept in a little longer. Then we started getting ready for Thanksgiving. This year we chose to serve turkey sandwiches instead of doing a formal turkey dinner and it was so yummy.

We had to leave at 5 so that we could get home and see Shaylee Dragon and her new boyfriend, so we didn't stay too long. But being with my family makes me so happy.

I am so thankful for so many things. I am thankful for my family. For my parents who raised me and for Kevin's parents who raised him. I think we turned out pretty good. I am thankful for my wonderful kids who are kind and loving and fun. I am thankful for Kevin who is so kind to me and who is so wonderful. I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. That even though I am not perfect, through His mercy, I have a chance to make it. I am thankful for all that I have been given.

Happy Thanksgiving

None of my kids are looking in the family pictures we took, but each one is funny in their own way so I am putting all three in.




No comments:

Post a Comment