Friday, November 30, 2018

November 2018

We did a couple of fun things this month that don't really deserve a whole post, but that I would still like to blog about. So here goes nothing.


Swing Park- We went to such a fun park this month. It didn't have a lot of things to do, but it did have a special swing that was extra fun. You sit on this swing and then it goes on a track around a half circle. Jason was really nervous at first, but ended up really loving it. The kids continue to ask to go to it even though it is so cold now. This is also the first time that Sadie sat in a swing. She didn't cry, but also didn't laugh. She didn't really care if she was in a swing, but she is pretty cute right?







This Is the Place Park- We were down in the Salt Lake area and so Camille asked if we could take Kevin to This is the Place Park and we agreed. When we went with Shantel we had SO much fun that I thought it would be a fun Saturday activity. We got there and hopped on the train and it drove around almost the whole park. It didn't stop to let us off or anything. We had to stick our arm out to have the conductor stop so we could hop off and look around.

We hopped off and the kids played on the big boat for a little bit and we walked around the tepee and hogan area and then walked over to town. The mini train was closed which made Camille a little sad, and everything else was closed as well. When you pay to get in, you get to do three activities, but nothing was opened, so we seriously just walked around and looked at buildings but didn't get to do anything. I was a little disappointed. It was nice to spend time together as a family, but we should have chosen a different and warmer activity.

Hill Air Force Base Museum- Jason wanted to go to the airplane museum so we packed up and went. Kevin had to work this Saturday so it was just the kids and I. It was really fun to go see the airplanes and see so many things. I was so touched by the POW display. I can't even imagine being taken as as POW and how they lived. It is terrible and hurts my heart. I wish that we could all just love one another and be kind. This world is a crazy place. But on the flip side, I was so grateful for all of the service men and women, from the past and now and in the future. Those men and women who risk their lives to protect my freedoms. So I can worship how I please, and I can write and read what I want. I truly live in the promised land.
Kevin gets dizzy so fast. This motion sickness chair would have been the end of him



Camille- Camille is as busy as ever. She is recognizing more and more words and loves to read books with me. Recently she has been coming in while I am reading my scriptures and she will sit as I read aloud the words. It is kind of a sweet and precious time to have with her as we learn about Captain Moroni and other people in the scriptures.

Jason-Jason is the kindest and most loving boy. In the mornings he will sit on my lap and give me kisses on my nose and ear and forehead and chin. It is just sweet. His imagination is starting to come alive even more and it is such a treat to be able to watch it bloom.

Sadie- This month we put Sadie in her jumper and she has been loving that. She is just like Camille was when she was a baby. They both just jump and jump and jump and jump. Sadie also is rolling like crazy. I will put her down and some how she will end up across the room and around a corner. She can pretty much get anywhere she wants to now by rolling and being a worm. She just doesn't know where she wants to go really. I think next month she will start crawling. I would be surprised if she didn't. She really is just on the move. Whenever she is rolling Camille will say, "Sadie is on the move to Hawaii!" and I say, "Sadie, take me with you!!!" Camille thinks it is really funny.

Jenna- This month I have been trying to get ready for Christmas. I am excited for Christmas this year and want to make it magical. I went down to Shantel's and painted some Ornaments that are all centered around Christ. I have them hung up and we are going to open one bag each day and take out an ornament and read about Christ's life. Then it has an activity we are going to do that day. I can't wait to spend time with the kids.

Kevin- Kevin has started a new business. It is called Kinetic Advising. It helps trucking companies put together a good loan packet so that they can get good loans for their equipment. He had his first client hire him this month! It is an exciting new step in the banking world that Kevin is embarking on. We (I mean Kevin) also bought a third semi truck this month. It looks like Kevin is going to do great things with his businesses.


Random Remembering
Someone brought this story up the other day and if I don't write it down it is going to be lost forever. This happened a couple months after we moved into our Layton Ward. It was Sunday morning and everything went as expected. We got up and got ready. The kids played. We put Jason down for a nap, and finished getting ready. We made lunch and woke Jason up so he could eat before we left for church. I made him a hot dog. He loves hot dogs. But for some reason he wouldn't eat it. I wasn't too concerned because I had snacks he could eat at church. We got to church and sat down. Sacrament meeting started and shortly after Jason threw up. Right on top of me and Kevin. Kevin luckily contained most of it and ran Jason out of the Chapel. It was terrible. I had no idea he was even sick. But now we know why he wouldn't eat the hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment