Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Book Cases

A little while ago Camille was playing in a little space between the wall and our bookshelf (that was handed down from Melissa and Blake) and she was pretending to climb the wall and ended up accidentally pushing the book case over. When I heard the crash I went to the family room and I just felt so grateful that it didn't land on anyone. Books are so heavy and it could have been so bad.

I ho-hummed around trying to decide if I wanted to just buy another cheap bookcase, buy an expensive all wooden bookcase, or make my own bookcase. With the help of my wonderful dad, I decided to build a bookshelf. I am SO glad that I did. It was a lot of work, but so worth it.

We went up to my parents for several days while Kevin was on a business trip to start on these bookcases. We would work on them after the kids went to bed, so from 7-10 PM. It ended up taking several weeks off and on of working on these book cases, but they were so worth it. Now they are in my home,  and every time I walk past them I just fall in love with them again.

Here are some pictures of the process and finished product.





















While we were at my parents house so often we got to do so many fun things with them. Here are some fun pictures of things we were able to do with Grandma and Grandpa Haderlie.

Playing in the leaves with Grandpa Walker. Camille would pretend to be leaves, and Grandpa would stuff her in the bag and bring her to the bigger pile and dump here out. She thought it was the most fun thing ever.
This is Sadie's first time playing the leaves....or sitting in the leaves. She was not impressed. 







Camille wanted Jason to have his own piles of leaves so she went outside to rake him up a pile. 

Grandma did Jason's hair in a faux hawk and Jason would say, "My name is Spike" with his arms at his side. It was adorable. 

Making rainbow toast. Camille at about 5 pieces of toast because she wanted to keep making more pictures. 

While I was building a bookcase, Camille and Jason took some of Grandpa's scraps and made a bird house. They glued it together with Elmers glue and surprisingly it worked really well. 

Uncle Jacob was up one day and took the kids on long board rides. Jason thought it was so cool. I am pretty sure Jason is just a mini Kevin just waiting to come out. 
We had Lydia and Austin and Caleb up one day and the kids made "Kid Pancakes" with Grandpa. They are pancakes that look like kids. They thing they are the best food ever. But in reality they just have the best Grandpa ever. 
As much as I liked building the bookcases, the best part was being able to spend time with my parents. It was so nice to spend time with them and for my kids to spend so much time with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment