Monday, November 19, 2018

Decorating for Christmas

It is the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas has never been my favorite holiday until I had children. It is so much fun now. Everything is just extra magical and I love that.

This year we are in Layton, Kevin has a good job, we are out of school, and our house is big enough to have more than a Charlie Brown tree and Kevin wanted that so bad. In one of my very first posts I wrote about how much Kevin loves Christmas and how he wants a nice big pretty tree. And this is the first year we have got that.

This is a picture of our first Christmas tree together. We have come a very long way since then! 
We went before Thanksgiving to find a tree and we thought that maybe we would want to get a real tree this year, but no one had real trees out yet except Lowe's. So we headed over but Kevin was not impressed. So we decided this year that we are going to be a fake tree family. I feel okay about it. If we were to go out to the mountains and cut down our Christmas tree, then I would feel sad to have a fake tree. But just going to a Christmas tree lot doesn't sound as magical to me. So having a fake tree is good for us. We found the perfect one for us at Lowe's.



















We came home and set it up while listening to Christmas music. The kids loved pulling out the decorations that we have. Each year we try to get a couple new decorations, like good decorations that we like. This year we got the tree and lights to go on the house. So our Christmas decorations are sparse, but it still is beautiful.

Making special memories like this with these little kids is what is most important to me right now. They are so special and deserve the very best childhood. Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment