Saturday, December 27, 2014

Walker Christmas

The next day we drove to my parent's house for our second Christmas. We treated it like it was Christmas eve. On our way we stopped at Target in Riverdale. Since it was technically after Christmas everything was 50% off. We picked up some wrapping paper and Kevin found the cutest Santa suit. He had to buy it. It was 50% off. How could we not? Camille looked so cute in it. We arrived at my parents and waited for everyone to show up.


Kevin and really most of the men in the family don't love doing puzzles. But it is a Christmas tradition so we made sure to do one. My mom was so nice though and picked up a puzzle for the men to do. I think it was a whopping ten piece puzzle. They had it solved pretty quickly. It was perfect for them. It even was a glow in the dark puzzle.


After the puzzle we made homemade pizza. I love pizza, especially homemade pizza. It is fun to make it and extra fun to eat it.


That night we pulled all the mattresses out. Ever since I was little we all would sleep in the same room. It was probably so that we wouldn't go up and open presents early. Even Lydia and Camille shared a room. It was really fun.


Christmas morning we woke up and started Christmas. This year we did a new tradition for Christmas stockings. Everyone brought a treat to put in, so my parents didn't have to worry about stockings. It was really fun because it was a big surprise. No one knew what was going to be in the stockings. We ended up getting lotion and body wash and the boys got little nerf guns. We got necklaces and candy and jerky and wonderful treats. It was so fun. It was a little Christmas all in itself.

We opened our presents and everyone seemed to get spoiled. We are so blessed. I was kind of sad because Camille really wasn't interested in opening presents. But it was still fun.  Camille got some toys and dolls and books. She was really spoiled by all of her family.

Later that day we were able to talk to my little brother Jacob who is on a mission for the LDS church. I felt so blessed that he was able to skype on the 27th instead of the 25th like most missionaries. He seemed to be doing awesome. That is probably because he is awesome.

Later in the afternoon we had a friendly competition. We had several games picked out and made a bracket. We played dance dance (which is one of my favorites), and we played Foosball (which is Kevin's favorite). My dad also got a bear that you shoot little balls in the mouth that we played as well. He got it as a joke kind of because when we were growing up we had a rule in our house that we could only shoot bears and chairs. I think this rule came into place once the boys were born. But it was repeated often. I am finding out that as a mom, sometimes you have to make weird rules. Anyway, Kevin and I won. It was awesome. We had a lot of fun with the competition.


Christmas was so wonderful this year. I was so grateful that all of my family came a day later to celebrate Christmas since we could not make it. I really just love spending time with my family. It is my favorite thing to do. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment