Thursday, December 25, 2014

Haderlie Christmas

This year we were so blessed to be able to celebrate Christmas twice. We started out at Kevin's parents house. I love being there with his family. They are all so nice and welcoming. We headed over to their house early in the morning on Christmas Eve. We hung out with them most of the day. Kevin's brother Steven was visiting from Washington DC. He is studying to be a lawyer out there. He is a really amazing man (and he is single for all you ladies). It was nice to see him though. I hope that someday we can get out there to visit him.

Kevin, Steven, and Dad all went out shopping when we first got there. Apparently Dad had not got Mom anything for Christmas yet. He said that he was doing great this year since he left to do his shopping at 11 AM, instead of 6 PM. He is such a funny man.

Mom and I just hung around the house with Camille and started making lunch. We had lunch and talked and then started getting ready for dinner. Camille did so good at their house. They live in a split level home, so there are stairs everywhere. By the end of our trip, she had totally mastered stairs.

Later that night Kevin's Sister Diane and her family showed up. Diane, Steve, and Hannah were all there. They came from Minnesota. I feel like such a slacker. This is their second time this year driving to Idaho from Minnesota. Kevin and I would never be so brave.

I was so excited for Christmas Eve because in the past Kevin's family always sits around a piano and sings Christmas songs for their Christmas Eve tradition. But we never got around to it. With babies going down early and having chores to get done, it just didn't work out. I was so sad.

Christmas was so wonderful though. I have never seen so many Christmas presents around the tree. We all took turns opening up gifts. They were so thoughtful. I received a sudoku book, Scattergories, new gloves, and many other gifts. I loved all of my gifts. I love doing sudoku puzzles, I probably do one every night at least. And Scattergories is currently my favorite game. I made everyone play it with me all Christmas.  Kevin received some new very needed pants, some nice treats, a big family pictures, and again many other gifts.

After opening presents we ate breakfast and enjoyed everyone's company. We played a fun game called Tapple with my niece Hannah. Later in the day we were able to see more family. Gary and Sarah's family came over and played for a while. All of their children are so fun. They make me laugh.

We just played games and ate delicious food for the rest of the day, which is my favorite thing to do. If I could do something everyday for my life, it would be eat delicious food and play games with the people I love.

This Christmas was such a wonderful time. It was the first time I  have ever spent Christmas day away from my family, but I was so grateful to be able to spend it with Kevin's family (and now my family). I always feel bad because when I write posts about Kevin's family I never have any pictures. That is because I don't take any pictures. And when I write posts about my family I always have pictures because I steal them from my sisters who are awesome at taking pictures.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment