Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Five- Jenna Browning, Making Jam, Haderlie Dinner, and 21 weeks pregnant

My sister and several of my friends do a Friday Five post, or they call it something similar to that. I think this is a great way of documenting great things that happen during the week. I think I am going to start doing this, because we don't usually do big things that merit a whole blog post, but we are very blessed in our lives and do lots of fun little things. So I am going to start this today, and I might be going two weeks back.

1. Last Sunday my friend Jenna Browning was up in Pocatello and came up to Idaho Falls to visit. This was such a sweet thing of her and her husband to do. Pocatello is about 45 minutes away from us, and they were up visiting family, but they took several hours out of their day to come up and visit for a little bit. It was so good to see her and her sweet little girl Listen. (and her husband Josh).

2. When Kevin and I got married, we were given the most delicious bottle of Jam from one of my dear friends. I got the recipe from her and made a batch that same year. The jam has lasted us for the past two years, but I am pretty sure I just opened the last bottle. So I had to make some more. Today I took a couple of hours and made the most delicious peace-raspberry jam. Now the kitchen is a little messy, but the mess is totally worth it. (I am serious. If you ever need convincing, please just ask me, I will make some bread and give you the most delicious taste!)

3. I got called into the Young Women program in my church. I am so excited! Ever since I have been married I have only been in nursery or primary. The youth in this ward is so amazing. I have been able to go to a couple of mutual nights and they have been amazing. I love spending time with the youth. I am excited to grow in this calling.

4. Two Sundays ago Kevin's mom was in town for the weekend. Since she was down we had a big family dinner with everyone. We had Kevin's Brother Michael and his family, his cousin Aimee and her little family, his little sister Shannon and her husband, and Kevin and I. We went to his sister Shannon's apartment. Her husband made some delicious curry. I haven't had curry very much, maybe once or twice, but this was delicious!  It is so fun to see family and have little get togethers. We played a game called, know it or blow it. I really enjoyed it.

5. I am over half way. Today I am 21 weeks into my pregnancy. I love this. I can feel her kicking now and when I sit really still, I can see my stomach moving. I am now looking almost pregnant, but I definitely have a stomach now.  I can't wait to meet our little girl. She is already such a blessing in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Yay yay yay for a Friday Five post from Jenna! I love all of these things. I like curry. I've really only had it a few times, but I think that I might ask to go to a Thai place for my birthday and have some Thai curry. Hmmm. I'm excited that you are in Young Womens, you are going to do so great!

    Can I request a taste of your jam? (Of course, I've already had some - but your promise of fresh baked bread is too good to pass up!)

    Yay for 21 weeks! We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete