Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best Dinner Ever.

It is true. Kevin and I are true blue Americans. We love Kool-aid, fireworks, Hamburgers and fries. Especially the Hamburgers and fries. I came home from work yesterday and my cute little husband had prepared dinner! He hadn't cooked it because he was scared he was going to do something wrong (how cute huh!). But He had cut up several IDAHO potatoes, and cut tomatoes and onions and pickles and everything you would need for hamburgers and fries. So I got home and I started deep frying (delicious) the fries, (well I guess they were still potatoes being turned into fries).



Kevin started making the hamburgers. I had a plate with paper towels on it to dry off the oil from the fries when they were finished. Well, I had turned my back to the pot while the fries were cooking and all of a sudden Kevin said, "The plate is on fire!" I quickly turned around and the paper towel was touching the burner and it caught on fire. So I grabbed the plate as fast as I could. I was heading over to the sink to put it under the water. But silly Kevin wouldn't let me. He didn't want to get the fries that were on the plate wet! So I was pretty much freaking out. We were blowing on the fire trying to get it out. We finally got the fire out, AND WE SAVED THE FRIES! Yes, we saved the fries before trying to save the house, or our lives. We burnt our plate.





But if anyone is wondering, the fries and hamburgers were delicious. Two hours later we were both headed out to work for the rest of the night. Best surprise dinner ever. So if you haven't had a hamburger and french fries recently, you should 1) make some homemade delicious hamburgers and fries or 2) go out to eat. Treat yourself to the good American meal. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I couldn't help but giggle all the way through that last post! You are so funny. I can't believe that you were able to save the fries. Also, I love that you have this memory recorded for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I have never heard this story and I can totally picture you two doing this! :)

    ReplyDelete