Monday, September 2, 2019

Hike to Coralville Lake

My friend asked us if we wanted to go on a hike with her and her kids, and of course my answer was yes.

First off, I really needed to be with another grown up. With Kevin being gone so often recently, it would suffice to say that I am lonely and in need of company. So I was eager to get out of the house and talk to Lala.

Second, I love hiking and being outside. I don't think I really grasped how good it is for me to be outside until recently, but it really is so therapeutic for me and good for my mental and physical health.

We hiked the woodpecker trail that leads you to the coralville lake and it was the perfect hike for the kids. It was pretty flat and easy for them. I carried Sadie in my ergo carrier, and off we went.

We walked around a corner and saw a cool "maze". It was a bunch of skinny tree trunks or branches that had been lashed together to make a little walk way. It wasn't very big, but the kids loved running through it and around it.

We walked a little further and we saw the lake. It was beautiful. Camille picked up two full pockets of acorns as we walked, and when we made it to a clearing we threw them in the lake.

We walked back and then had a little picnic with our friends at the trail head.

It was the perfect way to spend the day. I am feeling more and more grateful for the friends I am making here in Iowa.




No comments:

Post a Comment