Friday, August 23, 2019

Camille Starts Kindergarten

This year Camille started Kindergarten. I really can hardly believe I have a 5 year old. She has been so excited for school, and I know she will love it.

We got ready and walked to school that morning. Kevin was actually home and was able to walk her to school with us. We walked her to the back playground area where we were able to drop her off with her teacher.

When we left her I just felt like crying. A few tears escaped my eyes, and I think Kevin had a few too. It was the mark of a new phase of our lives, and I was really enjoying the phase we were in.

Mostly Camille looked so nervous and it was hard to leave her, but we knew she would make friends quickly and enjoy school.

When we picked her up that day she just had smiles on her face. She was still a little nervous, but she said she loved school.

Fast forward a couple weeks and now she is running away as fast as she can to get to school. She gives us each a hug and kiss (Sadie's favorite part of the day, and she cries if Camille is too slow in getting to her to give her a hug and kiss), then runs to the gate and goes and finds her teacher. She has made some sweet friends, and loves her teacher. I am so glad she loves learning and is loving the school she is in.

We love you Camille and I can't wait to see where you go in this life. Because you are so special and kind.




No comments:

Post a Comment