Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving

We were so blessed this year to have two Thanksgivings. My parents hosted Thanksgiving a week early so that we would all be able to come. I am so grateful for my parents doing this. They sacrifice so much for us, but we all love being together so much that we would rather celebrate holidays not on the real day and be able to be together for as much time as possible.

Kevin was able to come down with us this time. That doesn't happen very often. We went down on Friday so that we would be able to help with the cooking on Saturday before everyone got there. Saturday came around and we made dinner and had such a wonderful time.  



After dinner we started playing games. We ended up making it into a big tournament. It was really fun. We played dance dance, and wii bowling and other things. It was so so fun. I remembered how much I love dance dance. In fact, this is one of the reasons I am excited to go back home for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, family is what I am most excited about, but dance dance comes next. 


We also celebrated my mom's birthday. My mom is the most amazing lady ever.I wish everyone could know her. My mom wanted something cherry for her birthday dessert, so my sister made the most delicious chocolate cherry bunt cake. It was beautiful. We got her a big picture of the family to hang in the living room. Shantel actually did all the work on getting the gift all together, so when my mom opened it, Kevin decided he really wanted one as well.



After celebrating my mom's birthday we set up some Christmas decorations. I love Christmas. We put the tree up and set out some nice decorations.


It was such a wonderful couple of days. Family is what life is about. I am so grateful that our family is so close and all gets along. I know there are so many families out there that have drama and hate, but ours is not one of them, and I am so so grateful for that. 


The next week we went to Kevin's parent's house for Thanksgiving again. We headed over early in the morning so we could spend as much time with family as possible.

Shannon and Collen were already there and making Thanksgiving dinner. We came in and started helping with getting everything ready. We just chatted and watched Camille run around. That is probably one of my favorite things to do.

All of the family showed up and we had a delicious dinner. I really love thanksgiving dinner. Kevin and I are very much down home, meat and potatoes kind of people. So Thanksgiving dinner is right up our ally.

After dinner we played some games and talked and enjoyed being with the family.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Camille and Lydia!! Camille is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete