Thursday, April 3, 2014

Catching up

I have been really awful at blogging and recording what is going on in our lives. So I am going to cheat and do a quick catch up of what has been going on.

Mid February, Shantel and Lydia came up and visited Camille and I. It was so wonderful to have my sister and niece there. Especially because I was (and still am) trying to figure out the whole mom thing, and it was nice to just have someone there to help me a little bit.

March has just been a whirlwind. I am starting to get the hang of being a mom. I really struggled at first. There is a lot of crying and poop, and not a lot of time to go sit in a bath and relax or go do anything that you really want to do by yourself. It was a big change. Especially because Kevin has been driving truck for the last several months. When he was gone I would have so much anxiety about taking care of Camille by myself. I was always worried that I would be so tired or something that I would start to get upset that she is crying, and I wouldn't have anyone to talk to about it, or have anyone to hold her for a while. But I have been so blessed by my Heavenly Father to give me a calm mind and a pretty happy baby. She is just perfect. Every single day I love her so much more! She makes me so happy! I love when she looks up at me and just smiles. She has rolled over a couple of times, so that is really exciting. I haven't been very good at doing weekly or even monthly reports on her. I am going to try to do that more.

Melissa and Blake were married on March 15th! It was so beautiful! I went down a week early with Camille and we hung out at my parents house, then went down to David and Shantel's to hang out before the wedding. I ended up making the cake for the reception. It turned out okay, I hope Melissa liked it enough. I love being with my family, and I am so glad that Blake is now a part of that family!

We had Camille's baby blessing this last Sunday, March 30th. It was so wonderful, except there was a huge snowstorm so a lot of people were not able to come. Kevin was able to give the blessing and it was beautiful! Camille did not cry during the blessing. I was so worried about that. She can be a screamer sometimes. The people in the circle said that she was just looking at Kevin and smiling during the blessing. We had a lot of family come and support us. It was so nice of them. Then we went to Mike and Charity's house and had a luncheon. It was really such a wonderful day!

Shout out to Shantel for making the Announcements

Our life has been kind of crazy the last couple of months, but we wouldn't change anything. We are so grateful for the family we have and the family we are starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment