Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Temple Time Capsule

When I was in Young Womens many years ago I made a temple time capsule. It was a fun activity, but it was even more fun opening it after I got married. I ended up opening it up with Kevin after we returned from our honeymoon. Here are the things that I had decided about my life and wedding when I was 12.


This is the can and the "Ingredients" for a temple marriage. I think it is just so cute! 

You need a ring of course. 

A candle, bubbles, rose , and a picture. All of the reasons why these are in the capsule are written on the ingredient sheet. P.S. I love this picture of myself. It was when I was a freshman in High School. Fun fact: I got my braces off a couple days after retakes for pictures were, so my Freshman picture has braces. yay. 

My wedding colors were yellow and green. Another fun fact: I let Kevin choose the wedding colors. I had agreed to it long before we were even really talking about marriage. He had a tie that he LOVED and wanted to wear the was white and purple and blue. If I had chosen the colors then I would have chosen yellow and green. 

Here are some qualities to develop in myself. Don't look too closely or you will see hat I didn't develop too many of them very well. I guess I can always continue to develop talents.

A letter from my Bishop. Some good advice and counsel. 

What I wanted my wedding dress to look like. And it kind of did look like that. I had some ribbon on the waist ,and a flower. Although the flower was on the bottom part of the dress. Apparently I haven't changed much over the years. My style is still very the same. Conservative. 

I wanted four children. I would still say this is fairly accurate. Somewhere in that 4-6 range. Although I am probably not going to name any of my children what I chose for my kids then.  

I am pleased to announce that Kevin has all of the qualities that my husband had to have. I must have picked well, because he is the best. 

Last but not least a sweet letter from my Mom. She is the most amazing woman. I am so grateful for the amazing example she has been to me. 

This was such a fun activity. If I am ever in the Young Womens I am going to have my girls do this. If I never am, then at least Camille will do it someday because I think it is awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment