Saturday, October 27, 2018

Grandma Haderlie's 66th Birthday

We finally made it to Idaho since Sadie has been born! We do not make it up there often enough, but we got up for Grandma's birthday. We left early Friday morning because friday afternoon Aimee was hosting a Ladies Learning and Lunch. Diane has been trying to get a new thing going with the ladies that live up there like Grandma, Shannon, Charity, Aimee, Melissa, and a few others; where they get together and have lunch and chat and then have a discussion on a topic that is meaningful and that they can learn from. I haven't been able to attend any yet since I just had a baby and we live a little ways away, but we made it up for that one. Kevin watched the kids while I went and it was so nice to just talk and chat and learn from the ladies there without having to worry about crying babies.

After the lunch, the kids and I went over to Shannon's house to play. I love that Camille and Jason have cousins to play with on this side. Most of their cousins are a lot older than they are, but since Shannon is having kids about the same time as we are, they have some fun playmates. They played outside and picked up leaves and came inside and did some creating, and went downstairs and played with toys. After an afternoon of playing, we went back to grandma Haderlie's house and had dinner, and then Pat had grabbed a couple extra DIY block snowman sets from her wards Super Saturday activity for Shannon and I to do. It was fun to do a little craft there. I am not actually really great at crafts, but it is fun to do them every once in a while.

Friday night I ended up getting SO sick. I was just throwing up all night long. I was praying so hard that I would make it through the night and that Sadie wouldn't need me too much and I know that Heavenly Father answered my prayers. I was able to make it through and I didn't even throw up on Sadie.

Saturday morning Kevin took the kids for a little while and I rested and then got up. Pat wanted the carrots dug up so Kevin went out and did that, and I sat on the bench and held Sadie and watched him.  After digging carrots Kevin went and got the motorbike working and took Jason for a ride on it. Jason was really hesitant at first. Right now he is kind of a cautious boy (which I hope he take part of this cautiousness with him as he gets older). But once Kevin got him on the bike he thought it was the greatest thing. He came inside exclaiming how he went over a BIG hill and how it was bumpy and fun. Kevin and Jason also threw a football together outside. Well Kevin threw it close by Jason, then Jason would run and go pick it up and try to throw it back. It just melted my heart to see my two boys playing together.

That afternoon everyone got together and we celebrated Grandma Haderlie's 66th birthday. She made taco salads and everyone brought a pie so there were like 10 pies to share between the 12 people who were there. It was pretty much paradise to Kevin.


We left a couple hours later so that we could make it home before it was too late. Everyone traveled pretty good. I feel grateful that we have good kids that travel pretty good. It makes trips like this much more enjoyable.

We loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Haderlie and seeing our Haderlie cousins. Hopefully we get up there soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment