Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween

Happy Halloween from the Haderlie Family! This year was so much fun! Last year Jason was a little sick, and all the costumes scared him. But this year everyone was dressed and had lots of fun. We were in Morgan working on my bookcases (see other post) so we did trick or treating in Morgan this year.

Camille decided she wanted to be a witch for Halloween this year and she was the cutest witch. The only problem was her hat kept falling off, so I just carried it in the stroller.

Jason wanted to be a crocOdile (that is how to pronounces crocodile. It is the cutest thing.) He was so cute. He would come up to you with his crocodile costume teeth and chomp your leg. He just makes me laugh

Sadie was a flower, because we had a flower costume and it fit her. I was grateful for it, because Halloween night was actually kind of cold, and I felt like the hood and the little body suit kept her a little warmer than she would have been otherwise.

In Morgan the businesses put on a trick or treat street. So we drove over to the Rock Church and walked up and down state street. It was actually really fun. It was fun to see so many other people's costumes. The kids got candy, and toys, and someone had catered a taco truck so my dad and I got tacos. One company was giving away hard hats as well! The kids got a couple and have already played dress up with them. It was fun to walk around the street.

We came home and had some dinner and warmed up. Shortly after we finished dinner the kids were ready to go out trick or treating again. We walked around my parent's neighborhood and it was just perfect. The kids got to run from house to house to get their treats. At one of the first houses the handle broke on their cute witches cauldron and the candy fell all over. Instead of helping pick up the candy and put it back in the cauldron the kids thought it was like a pinata and just started throwing as much candy in their buckets as they could. By the time I got up to the door they had gotten several handfuls. It mostly just made me laugh out loud. I love my funny kids.

When we were almost finished, Camille said she needed to go to the bathroom, so we ran back to Grandpa's house and went to the bathroom and then we were pretty much finished for the night.

It was so fun to take the kids trick or treating this year. Unfortunately Kevin was really really sick and then he gave it to my dad. So that was not fun. But other than that everything was pretty much perfect. I love my family and being able to play and do fun things with them. Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment