Saturday, January 10, 2015

I am awesome and I made a time capsule

When I was 15 I made a time capsule. It was for my youth group. I am sure I thought it was a lame activity, but I was so grateful that I did it now. I saved it for 10 years. I didn't peak inside. I didn't open it early. And surprisingly I didn't lose it. At the start of this year I finally was able to open it up. I wish that I would have put an explanation of why I put all of the things I put in my time capsule. But I think I remember most of them. Here is what I put in.


When I was a freshman in High School, my sister Shantel did the 12 days of Christmas for me. It was so thoughtful and kind. I remember being so excited to see what was coming that day. My sister is such a kind, thoughtful, and wonderful person. I hope I can be half the woman she is. I am so grateful for the wonderful example she is from me.

I put in several things from my girls camp experience. I always loved girls camp. It brought back fond memories of spending time with wonderful girls and strengthening my testimony and feeling the love that the Lord has for me.


I put in some papers that were put on my locker as a freshman when I played volleyball and basketball. Sports were so important to me growing up. I have so many good memories and have made so many good friends from playing sports.

We filled in a paper about our likes and stuff. I put who my friends were, who the President was and our Young Women leaders, what boys we liked and our favorite foods.

I put in some notes from my best friends. I love that Jaelle has always been one of my best friend. I don't talk to her very often, but she is still one of my best friends.


I also added lots of pictures of my friends. Most of them are from my 8th grade graduation.

This was so fun to open. After I opened it I made Kevin and I write letters to each other that we will open in ten years. I am so excited to open them. It was such a fun thing to do. I hope to make more as that time goes on with more kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment